Best place to buy knife handle materials?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Can anyone point me in the right direction of affordable materials for handle making?

I intend on putting new handles on machetes and knives I have made up and don't raelly know what online stores are reliable and cheap etc.

I have files and things like that to shape wood but nothing like a bandsaw to cut my own wood into usable shapes so I'll need to buy it!

Thanks for any advice dudes! :)

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Try www.brisa.fi. They have loads of stuff, and I have heard only good stories this far. I have to say I haven`t used them myself yet, but I`d go to them.

(By the way: no affiliation etc, etc.)

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Ah thank you guys!

I have a few projects going on atm so I need some stuff to do the handles!

Do you reckon timber yard /shop would cut up some woods I bring to them for a reasonabe price?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I use a stanley back cut fine cut tennon saw for collected wood matey then sand flat with the sand paper on a piece of glass for a good flat side to put against the metal, the saw is pretty low cost from BandQ,

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I use a stanley back cut fine cut tennon saw for collected wood matey then sand flat with the sand paper on a piece of glass for a good flat side to put against the metal, the saw is pretty low cost from BandQ,

Ah ok, I don't have a fine saw so when I've tried in the past it hasn't worked out well. But I will invest a few quid on one and go wood hunting, cheaper that way than buying it all the time.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Hi guys
I just got some stuff from brisa (link in early post) I von and enzo trapped blade some bits for that and some bits for a moral 137 I want to re handle. I'm mostly pleased but I got some.stabilized walnut scales for the enzo. Loving to pook of the wood but it looks like a blind.person cut the block in half for the scales! I'm not that happy but I don't know if its worth even trying to send it back. It leaves me with only 10mm in the middle of one scale and the other rePly thick and that's before I've even flattened it. What do people think the min width I need is using 1.4 mm liners?.

Sorry for hijacking I was really just trying to say very happy with brisa except that. Very quick delivery also.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
10mm thick scales are fine for most knives. That will give you over an inch when assembled.

Hi guys
I just got some stuff from brisa (link in early post) I von and enzo trapped blade some bits for that and some bits for a moral 137 I want to re handle. I'm mostly pleased but I got some.stabilized walnut scales for the enzo. Loving to pook of the wood but it looks like a blind.person cut the block in half for the scales! I'm not that happy but I don't know if its worth even trying to send it back. It leaves me with only 10mm in the middle of one scale and the other rePly thick and that's before I've even flattened it. What do people think the min width I need is using 1.4 mm liners?.

Sorry for hijacking I was really just trying to say very happy with brisa except that. Very quick delivery also.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE