Best cold weather hat????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just wanted to hop in and say that Brynje are now in the UK. Just to give full disclosure here, I am the UK importer! We have the largest selection of Brynje clothing outside of Norway. I will not mention the company at this point, unless the admin comes back and gives me the go-ahead.......I don't want to get kicked off because I really enjoy the forum. You can however get in touch on an individual basis I believe?
Cheers R.L

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I've tried various hats out when putting roofs on in winter and the best one so far has been a Thinsulate Beanie I bought from the local garage for about £3.99.

Doesn't make you look like a pillock and keeps you good and warm, its not waterproof though so you need a hood or in my case I wore a hardhat over the top of it.
WHATS UR DEFFO OF A PILLOCK HAT ? sorry for the caps on lol

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I saw on the Heinnie website that Snugpac do a mountain style cap. If it's anything like my sleeka jacket it'll be plenty warm.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Soviet army officers real rabbit fur Ushanka can't be beat when really cold! Else just a regular cheap woolly hat with Thinsulate lining is what I use..

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Get the Woodlore possum/merion beanie. Very comfy, very warm, unbelievabl soft, lightweight and not too bad at £19.50. I love mine and anyone who sees/feels it (the hat, people!) can't believe ow warm and soft it is.

Graeme

That's good to hear. I bought one of these recently but haven't used it in anger yet.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The warmest hat in the world.

[video=youtube;D3yuMO5WZ3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3yuMO5WZ3w[/video]

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
I recently bought the Possum/merino beanie. Excuse my ignorance, but are possums killed for it? I know you can shear a sheep, how do they get possum fur?
I told my missus Ray Mears wouldn't be selling stuff that involved killing little furry critters...
Anyway, it's a great hat. Itched a wee bit to begin with, but it's ok now.

Mick, the beannie is nice and warm to wear. Got one a few weeks back and mostly wore it inside to save putting the heating on. :)

From what I read on here Possums are a pest in either NZ or Aus and protected in the other, can't remember which way though. Not sure though how they get the fur, but my guess would be from their pelt's.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I recently bought the Possum/merino beanie. Excuse my ignorance, but are possums killed for it? I know you can shear a sheep, how do they get possum fur?
I told my missus Ray Mears wouldn't be selling stuff that involved killing little furry critters...
Anyway, it's a great hat. Itched a wee bit to begin with, but it's ok now.

The Merino possum stuff from New Zealand is from hunted possums. The animal is an invasive species over there that has to be controlled as it destroys local flora and fauna.
However they make excedingly warm hats!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a cheap TrekMates polartec beanie which is the warmest I own I think, my Fjallraven Tur is toasty too and so is the Woolpower :)

hedgedruid

Jun 23, 2011
East Lancashire UK
Tilley winter hat has served me very well on a daily basis over the last two winters , outside for alot of the time most days . even cushioned my head when i went tits over a**** on black ice .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE