Best Bushcraft presents ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
OK what Bushcraft presents did you all get?

I got a book on local weather lore, some of the signs I'd learnt by my own observation, and a small wind up charger for my mobile so no more problems with the battery going dead when I'm away from the mains.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
i know this is not what you meant but i am gonna post it anyway :eek:):

best present this year was the snow

makes tracking soooo much easier

added incentive to light a little fire and make a brew

and of course a bit of a shelter to keep the worst of the weather out

lets me test all the other new toys :rolmao:

Tant

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I got a venison cookbook and a Garmin etrex legend. For hunting, these gps units are the poodle's noodles. :eek:): I can find my treestand in total darkness. I can walk out of the woods in total darkness and not worry about becoming disoriented. Got the map right there in my gps.

Still carry my compass though. :lol:

The other day I was ice fishing and used it to mark a good fishing hole. I know it's high tech but...it sure is nice. :wave:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I got a green skull cap in wool, a new pair of fleece gloves, and some boot liners. :D Perfect for keeping warm.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I got a wide brimmed straw hat from my daughter and her man friend. I will have to replace the black cloth band that reads Pebble Beach Golf Links and replace it with a nice bandana of sorts, but it'll be great for summer hiking and the like.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
swandrii Ranger shirt and a bivi bag, a small possibles pouch and a well stocked new FAK

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Georgina gave me a Bearclaw Possibles Pouch, a Classic Mora, a Flint and Steel and an Ultimate Tinder Pouch :You_Rock_

With the money I was given I've bought a 6L Dutch oven and some Canvas Gaiters :eek:):

Oh and my Christmas present to myself a Bearclawbushcraft Course in Sweden this June :biggthump :biggthump :naughty:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I got a pair of these in light olive/grey

85780.jpg

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
A pair of Ullfrotte longjohns, a Berghaus Vulcan rucksack, laplander folding saw and best of all a small stainless steel folding trowel (see Deuteronomy 23v13 for Biblical authority).

The saw made short work of a damaged tree in my garden (I know, not v. bushcraft). Sadly it hasn't been cold enough to use the longjohns yet, and the Bergan has been lent to a friend who is climbing Kilimanjaro, so I won't see it until February. I'm also still waiting for an opportunity to use the trowel...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE