Best Boots !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Lowas and Matterhorns as supplied by my employer free of charge are my vote!Lowas are bit stiffer on sole and ankle and are my favouites.
They also have 2 ankle heights to choose from.
Proboots have a small toe box and lower quality leather.
Altbergs in the hands of colleagues have had a few quality issue in that twicw lace cleats have pulled out of the leather and some have found the ankle too soft and unsupporting on the peacekeeper. Another type had a viciously slippy sole in the wet.
Didn't like fabric sided Danner boots. The difference in weight is infintessimal and I like a good bit of leather you can polish up gain now and again.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Danceswithhelicopters said:
Altbergs in the hands of colleagues have had a few quality issue in that twicw lace cleats have pulled out of the leather and some have found the ankle too soft and unsupporting on the peacekeeper. Another type had a viciously slippy sole in the wet.

Yup, those Skywalk soles make wet rocks (or cobbles) like ice. Shame as they are a nice boot otherwise.

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
Boots are definitely a personal thing

I have had expensive boots which last five minutes and cheap boots which have lasted 10 years. But always try them out first!

I had a mate who bought some expensive walking boots years ago for a trip to the Italian Alps…. After a days walking, he was hobbling like a German soldier returning from Stalingrad. He hadn’t bothered to try them on until the first day of the trip

I currently wear a pair of black Karrimor KSB’s which I have had for 10 years, and these have been the best boots I have ever owned.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Swampy Matt said:
If it would be helpfull to everyone, I'll try and write up the boot fitting procedure that I used to follow. There may be something in it that you can all use if you can't find a Phil Oren Fitsystem Bootfitter.

Matt

I'd be very interested in reading this, Matt. I'm little with little feet and usually end up in kids boots. I have five pairs of hiking boots at present, but as those who've met me know, I'm still wearing the absolutely stuffed pair of size 3, black leather, kids Hi-Tecs, cost me £24.95 nearly ten years ago :eek: and I have four pairs of *good* boots, total cost £680, that all hurt somewhere :(
I have walked literally thousands of miles in the Hi-Tecs, but it's time they were given a decent burial.
Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE