Best Boots or LPCs ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
What boots do you recomend/ wear ?
I am getting fed up with my rigger boots slopping around when i walk , so am looking at getting some new boots .
The best boots i had were Danner Boots , and would go for them again but i am trying to break away from the military look (which is hard when most stuff is hardley "squadie proof").
A boot should have a full sewn in tounge and be waterproof . A decent "tank tread" . It should give ample support to the ankle .
But most importantly should not be in bright colours .
Is there anything on the market that will fit the bill ?
I get through a pair of boots in 6months to a year , they are an everyday wear for me so need to be tough , but comfortable in all weathers !
Any ideas , or do i demand to much from a boot or LPC ?
Cheers
Pumbaa

P.S. ( Leather Personel Carrier) For those of you who havn't heard the phrase before .

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Danners all the way! Had mine for over ten years I think and still faultless. I recently bought some italian brand dark brown suede hiker boots with goretex lining (from Millets for £60?) for the summer as Danners look silly with shorts! Dead comfy and wear them every day. Trouble is the lace eyes went all white and fluffy after my fishing trips. Pesky salt water...

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
clean the eyelets with brasso and then paint them with a couple of layers of nail varnish (clear or an apropriate colour)

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I got a pair of Lowa trekker boots last year - typical German engeneering - fantastic quality. They also do mil boots but the treeker doesnt look military at all. very very comfortable

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm going through the same turmoil myself.
I've worn Mil or Exmil for years since joining up. Now that I've been a civvy for 11 years it's about time I tried something else. I still fancy a pair of Matterhorn Fort Braggs but maybe the Danner Canadien (brown version of the Fort Lewis) would fit the bill. Even so,I think I should be breaking away from the heavy millitary type and going for a lightweight treaded moccasin that has a bit of ankle support and is water proof and warm.....so back to the Fort Braggs then :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ogri the trog

Meaghaidh

Aug 10, 2005
Peak District
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum, but have reasonable experience of things outdoors.

I use and have used various boots from Lundhags of Sweeden and would highly recommend them. Very light, highly water resistant. I wore them on a 2 month trip to the Kola Penninsula in Northern Russia.

They do a military version including a 75mm binding toe boot as well.

Not cheap, but I would buy more.

Paul B

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE