best books for leather craft, any ideas guys?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bennymk

Sep 21, 2015
milton keynes
Hello

Ive got a few leather projects i want to get going and was wondering if you guys may know of a great book? Prefer not to ask a search engine ..

cheers

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I'll follow this with interest. Never found a book that seemed good enough. Looking for simple, clear and easy to follow.

I agree - I always trust advice here before diving in. 😎

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Don't know of any books unfortunately but there are a couple of chaps on YouTube who are very good at explaining the skills and tools needed... one chap, Ian, is very very good and I've been rewatching his videos again and again.

I'll get some links together if you're interested in some video tutorials to go along with any books that might be suggested.

bennymk

Sep 21, 2015
milton keynes
That would be much appreciated Dewi."good at explaining the skills and tools needed... " thats about where I'm at..

Right I'm off to work, have a good day chaps.

Last edited:

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Im guessing thats Ian Atkinson, been watching loads of his footage as well. He recomends a book he has in one of his tutorials and I cant recall which tutorial it was :?
With luck il find it again and post the video link so you can see what he advised
He mentons a book in the first couple of minutes. https://youtu.be/jOiuBcl2fek

Last edited:

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
As with Mr. Fenna I would strongly recommend Al Stoleman's books: Art of hand sewing leather, Making leather cases 1-3.
Great books.

atb
Ste

(p.s. pm sent):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE