Best bargain watches?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
You can buy an unbranded diving watch with Seiko movement for less than £100.

There are also decent dive watches with the Miyota (citizen) 8215 movement, which is a basic reliable workhorse, for the same money. It's worth trying an established long term independent watchmaker for a service, as some of them might have parts. I was lucky enough to get a vintage Seiko chrono serviced/repaired this way. :)

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi

I think I paid around £35 for the G Shock on the right second hand off a forum, They never miss a beat, It's a Tough Solar too so daylight rechrges the cell, It also goes to sleep if not touched for a while, The display 'goes off'!!
zUKP8tw.jpg

The left one came off fleabay for around £14 if memory serves!

Both are radio controlled and get a signal from the atomic clock at Rugby, Accuracy is reckoned to be 1 second in 20,000 years (Or thereabouts!! :D )

John

Reactions: GuestD

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Some good deals to be had in TKmaxx. I got one of these for under £20.
614PE1BM81L._AC_UY550_.jpg

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've had my analogue Casio diver's watch for over 12 years now. Apart from a small number of battery changes all I've had to replace is the strap. It has never let me down and loses about two seconds a month. I paid £35 for it and will never buy another high maintenance, expensive watch ever again I've had two and both let me down.. Like its owner,.my Casio ain't beautiful but it's long-lasting simple, tough and reliable.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I put my old Seiko in my pocket
a) when I retired
b) when I'm out hunting.
Appointments annoy me now that I've been retired quite a while.
The Seiko sits in a condiment dish in the kitchen. I saw it yesterday.
I have a new Timex, specifically because of the light.
It's really clumsy to wear and adjust.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE