Best ax to use in conjunction with a Swedish 35L pack?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I hope all of you can help me.

I am looking for an ax that will fit the exterior straps of my Swedish 35L pack.

It must be sold in the United States,
It must have a blade cover,
and it must fit inside both of the loops on the back of the pack.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have recieved today a GB small forest axe and as i am going to a sort of meet at the weekend i started packing my LK 35 (the pack you mention) i attached my axe to the back and it fitted perfectly
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You should be able to get Granny B's in america too, as far as I remember there is a factory there, not sure if they make the axes aswell, but they should be easy to get shipped over if needs be. A small forest axe or a hunters will fit perfectly on the back.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Ridge Runner, The axe thats referred to as a Granny B SFA is the one in the link below. I have one and find it a lovely tool to use. It is well balanced and a good compromise size i.e. nice to use one handed but not too small to effectively attack larger jobs with two-handedly.

http://outdoorcode.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=24&products_id=226

I'm sure you can source one in the US if you decide to treat yourself ;)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I fit my Small Forrest Axe in one of three ways to my LK35.

It either;
sits inside the bag, perfect fit
The handle goes through the pole loop at the base, twist it once then attach the handle near the top of the bag
Or it slides between the back webbing and the frame, so it runs down your back. This last one takes a bit of fiddling so it's not digging in your back but means it's out of sight.

Oh and it's a nice axe as well :D

David

Longstrider said:
Ridge Runner, The axe thats referred to as a Granny B SFA is the one in the link below. I have one and find it a lovely tool to use. It is well balanced and a good compromise size i.e. nice to use one handed but not too small to effectively attack larger jobs with two-handedly.

http://outdoorcode.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=24&products_id=226

I'm sure you can source one in the US if you decide to treat yourself ;)

That ax looks perfect! Is the handle long enough to fit in both loops of a Swedish 35L pack?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE