Berrys on a bimble ( and fungi ) ID help please

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
some bad piccys of berrys along my dog walk and a "nest" of small fungi, ID and edibleness would be useful :)

Oh, and the gorse had new flowers on it as well, bit late i thought.

cheers guys.

Aberry5.jpg

Aberry4.jpg

Aberry3.jpg

Aberry2.jpg

Aberry1.jpg

Afungi.jpg

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Those rock walls look familiar, unfortunately the berries and the fungi don't though lol. Great find, Haven't been out on the path much lately though. Just make sure Charlie Boker doesnt start munchin on it incase it's bad stuff, or he may start having to live up to his name lol
see you on the path

outdoorpaddy

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
I do apologise, Robbi I keep thinking that Charlie is a boy, my mistake. It royally p***es me off when people call BooBoo a boy, apologies again
see you on the path

outdoorpaddy

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Robbi,
1- Tutsan(Hypericum androsaemum)
2-Woody Nightshade(Solanum dulcamara)
3-i could do with more info from you. Are these on a shrub rather than a tree,and is it situated in a local park or woodland?
4-As above.
5-Snowberry(symphoricarpos rivularis)
6-working on it

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hi Stuart F, thanks so far :)

Both 3 and 4 are on medium sized bushes although i think that 4 will grow much bigger it has the look of a young tree, all piccys taken along a coastal path around a park.

Hope this helps

Robbi

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
cheers Stuart, i thought currant as well but a bit iffy about trying one ! doesn't look like any elder i have seen before though.

No 4 looks spot on, many thanks mate

i wonder if the woody nightshade is mind bending in small doses

tomongoose

Nomad
Oct 11, 2010
Plymouth
All the berries are poisonous except the Pyracanthus which although not poisonous are not really edible and for the mushroom id you really need a picture of the cap, gills, ring, stalk and volva to be certain

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Are those the little ones that come in jars of Italian antepasta ? In a mix of little un's in olive oil ?

Gueldar rose is edible, though cooking before hand is the usual advice.

cheers,
Toddy

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
there really is some fantastic knowledge on this site ! as Locum76 says, nice work guys ( and gals :) )

just as a side note, all those little fungi were gone tonight, not a trace left.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
In this case I agree with Harvestman - those look very much like Trooping Crumble Cap, which is just about the most pointless edible mushroom that grows in the UK. Edible but a total waste of time.

Thank for the confirmation Geoff. I've become a lot more tentative about my fungus identifications on here, in case you come along and show me up! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE