Berghaus Vulcan Straps???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Hi all,

I treated myself to a Berghaus Vulcan rucksack and going through all the bits and bobs that came with it I came upon a pair of what I took to be accessory straps. However, there's an accessory strap already attached to every fixing point available!

The straps I'm curious about have a peculiar "tension lock" buckle attached to them in the middle, with a loop of strap at one end and an oval slide ring on the other.

The tension lock can be seen here..............

http://www.simplyhike.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?StockID=15863

It all seems a bit elaborate to be just an accessory strap to me!

I can't find anything on the Berghaus website to tell me what they're for, so.............anybody on the forums know what they are?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Think I've sussed it :D : (unless anyone knows different :p )

threaded through lid straps at back
threading-1.jpg

showing tent strapped to back of pack
tentstrappedon.jpg

detail of buckle / d-ring
detail.jpg

HTH
Steve

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Cheers Steve!

As you say, unless anyone else knows otherwise, that looks like what they're intended for.

Off upstairs to have fiddle with mine!

Dave

Update...............Straps now fitted as described by Bikething/Steve. I can see the logic behind them with the slider oval to secure the loose end, but it still seems a bit elaborate! Maybe one of the design team at Berghaus was at a loose end for a few hours one day!

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I think its fantastic that with a quick search, an answer from 2007 is as useful now as it was then! god i love this forum!
yep, was just about to ask the same question :) as said above or possibly for a roll mat/bazooka.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE