Berghaus Vulcan - Other options?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Hi All,

Been following the threads regarding the Berghaus Crusader because I need to replace a very old Blue Berghaus with half the straps missing. I have seen that the Vulcan comes in 4 sizes - the biggest should be able to just about fit me, and after walking last weekend with a waist band nearer my ribs than my backside it may be time to get something to fit.

But does anyone know of any other make/type of rucksack that has this many size options?

Many Thanks

Rich

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

The Vulcan has so many size options because it's a fixed back length rucksack. If you were to look at a rucksack with an adjustable back length you may find it's easier to adjust the length to suit your backlength.

There are innumerable rucksacks on the market with adjustable back lengths. If you want something 'green' and of similar capacity to a Vulcan then perhaps a good start would be something like a Karrimor SF 60-100 or SF 80-130 as these both have adjustable backs.

If you dont mind a bit of colour then you have a huge amount of choice.

HTH

John

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
if you type it into google shopping then you seem to be able to get them for about £150.... and in sizes 2-3.... so for you guys its alright! lucky buggers! im just 6ft so will have to try on a 3 vulcan and see if it fits, then if so can get it cheap, if not... sigh.... £190 for me!

saat saya di Kuala Lumpur di 6th Jun... jiga kamu bisa datang ke airport bisa lihat la! wkwkwkwkw.

Harry The Camper

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.yahoo.com
if you type it into google shopping then you seem to be able to get them for about £150.... and in sizes 2-3.... so for you guys its alright! lucky buggers! im just 6ft so will have to try on a 3 vulcan and see if it fits, then if so can get it cheap, if not... sigh.... £190 for me!

saat saya di Kuala Lumpur di 6th Jun... jiga kamu bisa datang ke airport bisa lihat la! wkwkwkwkw.

You just getting on a connecting flight??? I'm 2cm over 6ft so a size 4 would be certain..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE