Berghaus Vulcan Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Sorry but not sure why you would add zips onto your pack, if you already have two side pouches on you only need to undo the zips furthest from your back and another side pouch will zip between the others. Saves weight and money :)
Colin

But the side pouches are then no longer supported by the zips?

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
They have the ones nearest your back and if it's a PLCE one then also the clips, I'd assume that anyone doing this will already have a full pack and so friction will help too.
Colin

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Sorry but not sure why you would add zips onto your pack, if you already have two side pouches on you only need to undo the zips furthest from your back and another side pouch will zip between the others. Saves weight and money :)
Colin

People use the additional pouch for several reasons.

Keeping all your gear dry or cleaner, for example:

water proofs - seperate from main bag
days rations
tarp/tent

Here's mine with my Ti Goat stove in a DPM Kipling Pouch:

m9sx.jpg

Or they, just like me; may not want to save weight or money. :p

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Sorted.
I was thinking about such an adjustment myself the other day for my Lowe Alpine. It has MOLLE loops, so I might figure out a system to use these :)

Nice job BTW

I can do that with mine, as I have this wierd side pouch (the upside down one) which fortunately has a couple of straps with press studs on the back you can attach onto the molle loops. It's also got a million other molle loops on it, so I could add some on top of that which would be ridiculous. I thought it might have come from an original Vulcan but looking at the pictures I doubt it as all those side pouches are so bare compared to this odd item.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
:surrender::surrender:I'm sorry guys I forgot where I was posting and will now take myself off for a good talking to, you all have way more money than me (and cooler kit)
I'm sorry and will refrain from such behaviour in the future! ;)
Colin
PS if you want to send some money my way............

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
:surrender::surrender:I'm sorry guys I forgot where I was posting and will now take myself off for a good talking to, you all have way more money than me (and cooler kit)
I'm sorry and will refrain from such behaviour in the future! ;)
Colin
PS if you want to send some money my way............

LOL, grab a box of tissues bud...you can use 'em either way.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a zip on the way, but I think I should have ordered some webbing to cover the zip, kind of like a flap, I am surprised that rvops don't do it there mod. I will also add the proper clips top and bottom.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I find emailing the KarrimorSF supplier for your country is a good way to get parts for the mod, most often have bits of webbing and zips laying about.

I have done the same mod on my Predator 45 but made it removable by stitiching the zip onto 2 peices of webbing that weave through the front molle panel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE