Berghaus Munro / Centurio 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Hi guys,

I have the Berghaus centurio 30 and have used it on several outings. It has a few issues which I won't get into right now.

My question is, does anyone have experience with the centurio AND the Munro? I know they are basically the same pack but I feel the lack of side compression straps is anoying me.

I like being able to synch bags down when they have little in them, is it easier to do this with the Munro? In reality if I do get one I'll sell the centurio so cost will be covered. Just don't want to be buying something for no reason.

Ironically I would be using the Munro for...munros, camping, day to day (hence synching).

....I'm night shift and rambling now.

I basically want a small/med sized pack that's very spartan in design. No areas to go wrong.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Yes i have both of them. However for me it was the other way, i bought the centrino to upgrade the munro. The munro is an excellent and well proven daysack but it does have its downsides. Off the shelf it cant take a side pouch, has none of the molle attachments, and the shoulder straps are thinner and spaced closer together. Overall however i like both. You could get a tailor to sew some straps on to compress it which i've seen done now and then, ring these guys for a price;

http://www.dixiescorner.co.uk/

Tonyuk

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've had both, while I was looking for a replacement for my ageing karrimor sabre 30. But I didn't like either, so in the end I got the new sabre or predator as its called now & very happy with it.

Rob

tallywhacker

Forager
Aug 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Side compression is my only gripe with the centurio. I have both sizes of centurio, good bags but on a side note different beasts (the larger one can actually direct some load to the hips on taller people, the smaller one does not, but it doesn't need to at that size). The centurio does compress without proper straps, but you have to do it via the lid after un-threading the front webbing straps, not very good because it strains the lid elastic but it works. Anyhow...

I am going to sacrifice a yoke kit to add compression straps to the centurio (unless berghaus get back to me and let me buy some of the proper ladderlocks). It will be easy enough. I was actually close to buying a munro last month for the same reason, but the back system is non existent so i gave it a pass.

Plan is to copy the way the compression straps are fitted to my vulcan 1, i reckon it'll take no more than an hour or so, just got to find the right position to put them.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE