berghaus cyclops roc info

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

madmac

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
berghaus cyclops roc canvas and a berghaus cyclops ghost

looking for any info about them like age , any good , type
thanks

Brynglas

Top bits of kit and we'll worth keeping and using if they're in decent shape. I have a cyclops Roc which I bought in about 1987. At that time they were the ultimate gucci bergen as they were far superior to the military issue bergen. My Cyclops Roc did three winters in Norway, two jungle exercises in Brunei, trips and exercises all over the place including the Patagonia Ice Cap and has been in fairly constant use ever since. It is currently at Lancashire Sports Repair for new lid elastic and a couple of front buckles.
Great bits of kit, very well built in the UK from what we're pretty much the best materials available at the time. Worth preserving if only for 'ally' value!

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Your Roc looks ancient defiantly 1970's vintage. Great bags I've owned about four but only have one OG one now. For a bergan of this size their actually not too heavy compared to modern Karrimor Sabre etc. I find mine ideal for a couple of nights out both in the mountains & in the woods.
I think the Roc was designed for mountaineers but adopted by the military once it was available in OG & DPM. I think Berghaus stopped making them in the 90's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE