Bepanthen for new tattoo ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
A question for all you inked cats.
What are your thoughts on Bepanthen for new work?
Run out of my Tattoo Goo and getting a bit of Sailor Jerry work this arvo.

Best.

Cat.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Loved your work mate, including the new!!
The revised Bep formula not a problem? Thinking in terms of the Petroleum content.
As we know ,Vaseline is a no-no due to the petroleum

Cheers.

Cat.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Another vote for bepanthen. Stuff is goals dust! While my half sleeve was healing, I took a bad fall on that arm than left me with a load of fairly deep grazes along the the back of the arm. Several years later and you can only see the slightest fad in the black (its a tribal... I know I know..) where the cuts were.

atb
Ste

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
cutting or grazing fresh ink hurts like hell though doesn't it! Had both my feet covered last year and kept dropping things on them, not to mention our kitten seems to find it fun clawing the hell out of my feet when i'm asleep

jason83

Apr 6, 2015
Grimsby
I use bepanthen on all of mine along with Vaseline intensive care moisturizer after a shower and even now I stick a bit on to keep then looking good. A little birdy told me tattoo goo is more or less the same anyway.

tedmagnum

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2006
Wirral
I use bepantham too. But many people have a bad reaction to it. It's formulae has also changed over the years. My ex is a well known tattoo artist and I used to work in her shop.

She would always recommend cocoa butter and other natural moisturisers.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Tattoos on my arms legs and botty and used bepanthen on most. Couldn't get away with tattoo goo. But then I like faded ink so I also abuse them with UV and saline bandages while they're fresh. Definitely stops the itching though.

Mozzi

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2015
Brighton
Bepanthan is far better than goo. get from boots as apposed to price hiked out of date bottles from the tattoo shop!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE