Belt buckle knife...hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Not meaning to be "THAT GUY" but:

Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 and the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988 makes it an offence to manufacture, sell or hire or offer for sale or hire, or expose or have in possession for the purpose of sale or hire or lend or give to any person any of the following weapons [7]:

Balisong or butterfly knife
Knuckleduster
Telescopic truncheon
Push dagger
Shuriken, shaken, or death star
Handclaw
Footclaw
Manrikgusari or kusari (rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip)
Swordstick
Hollow kubotan (cylindrical container containing a number of sharp spikes)
Blowpipe or blowgun
Kusari gama (rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle)
Kyoketsu shoge (rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife)
Belt buckle knife

3. The Schedule to the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988[2], which specifies offensive weapons for the purposes of section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988, shall be amended by the insertion into paragraph 1 of that Schedule after sub-paragraph (n) the words -

" (o) a disguised knife, that is any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed sharp point and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage (such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or telephone).".

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you :) I was looking for that to quote. :approve:

I think HM the Q's customs and excise men would have you for trying to import such an item too.
I had a 2LU to review, and Sargey's opinion was that I'd have gotten done for carrying it since it was too much like a push dagger.
It's a minefield at times sussing out what we can and cannot have. No wonder my sons are praying for an amnesty when I croak it :rolleyes: :D

cheers,
Toddy

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk

Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 and the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988 makes it an offence to manufacture, sell or hire or offer for sale or hire, or expose or have in possession for the purpose of sale or hire or lend or give to any person any of the following weapons [7]:

Knuckleduster
Telescopic truncheon
Push dagger
Handclaw
Footclaw
Manrikgusari or kusari (rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip)
Swordstick
Blowpipe or blowgun
Kyoketsu shoge (rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife)
Belt buckle knife

3. The Schedule to the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988[2], which specifies offensive weapons for the purposes of section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988, shall be amended by the insertion into paragraph 1 of that Schedule after sub-paragraph (n) the words -

" (o) a disguised knife, that is any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed sharp point and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage (such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or telephone).".

Sad to say I own pretty much that entire list. I can also prove that I owned them pre 1988 when they were banned and use them to teach martial arts.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com

Knuckleduster
Telescopic truncheon
Push dagger
Handclaw
Footclaw
Swordstick
Blowpipe or blowgun
Belt buckle knife

Wow. Hang about.....they missed one off......the partridge in a pear tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE