Bell Tents!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Its only for us two......I'm beginning to just slightly favour the Blacks Solace 1 but no one has come back with any experience of it, The spec seems marginally higher? Not sure about the grey groundsheet/inner on the Solace if I was being fussy, which I must....
Also like the idea of separate groundsheet, just that peg in was cheaper and easier to replace if damaged than zig. What Blacks "clip in" sheet is like...again I've no idea......

It's good to know that the Soulpad at least will stand up to the wind and rain though.

If SoulPad had been open on the w/e., they probably could have sold me a tent though; on the basis of actually getting to see one, over the Blacks Solace:(

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah that's what sold us and the fact that they are 45 minutes away if we needed anything to be sorted by them. We've been in the bell tent with the woodstove in snow and freezing temperatures and been cosy and happy. Best of luck with your choice of tent and let us know which you go for. Cheers.

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Just very grateful for having received a very detailed review from an owner on the Blacks Solace Bell Tent addressing all my queries. An order for the 4metre Solace 1 will go to Blacks in the new year.......

Whilst I did manage to get some feedback from some owners of differing makes (in particular SoulPad; well thought of tents), some, no most, of the suppliers have seemed very lax and vague in the information supplied, and have almost seemed like they don't care whether they sell a tent or not, or is it people just buy these tents ad hoc as it were?

For example, SoulPad, potentially had a huge advantage , as they have a showroom near me (nothing can compare with actually SEEING the tent), but having told me of their very part time opening hrs., when asking for an appointment, then never replied?

Northstar Tents, a supplier only, was not really interested in supplying any technical detail (guys and groundsheet) on their tent despite a couple of requests Seems like a nice tent for the price too.....

Detail/Images on Blacks of Greenock's website was also decidedly lacking, but correspondence has been very helpful and detailed. It does for the price seem a quality package, and the detail I have since received from an owner seems to confirm this. Hence my choice................:confused:

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Blacks of Greenock doing further reductions on the Solace bell tent... plus free delivery prior to Christmas. I can see prices going up thereafter with the worsening exchange rate?
Essentially....you get 2...groundsheets and a porch extension/tarp, and delivery, free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE