bell tent and hammocks

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya gang

i have problem and that is that i have found my perfect hammock set up and dont like the idea of going to the ground unless i really have to. Then in the summer just gone the EVIL man that is maddave decieded to sell his bell tent for a bargin price, (please note i havebt put the price due to not wanting to upset anyone who payed quite considerably more) and well i couldnt resist and i snapped his hand off. so my problem begins bcause i want to use the bell tent as part of my set up i.e as a storage centre and secondly when i get the stove some were warm to sit in winter. Now my question is, is this a good idea and also is it doable. or should i just accept that its two different types of camping plus once i get the stove the gf might come winter camping with me and she can sleep in the bell tent.
Also my next question is knowing that i use an A frame style pictch with the front of my tarp pitched out as the picture shows below

DSC_0010-1.jpg

were do i stick the bell tent

thanks inadvance for your advice

drew

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
wow i just had a look at what a bell tent is like and they are big i would say as its so big pitch the tent to the front left or right of your tarp with the tent entrance faceing your pitch hope this helps.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Drew,

To me you have two fundamentally different styles of outdoor shelter. Nothing is going to stop you setting up a bell tent and then hanging a hammock close by to sleep in. I guess you'd would have a fair bit of kit to store to make it worth the effort of taking a bell tent along.

One suggestion might be if you are going to use a bell tent and wood stove type set up you might as well look to take along a Army cot (camp bed) and sleep on that that way you are off the floor.

A bell tent and stove is not a backpacking load so if you are going to use that sort of set up a cot might make sense.

Any how you'll suss it out I'm sure.

ATB

John

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Drew, just accept that they are different styles of camping. One or the other...

...but don't worry about it. Enjoy getting old and needing more comfort:yikes: just don't forget your slippers.

Simon

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The hammock is for when you go out on your own, the bell tent/stove is for when you take your GF with you.
I use a small fishing shelter as a gear store.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
cool cheers for the replys guys but i still think Karls idea is best and i think i will be tying it the next time i go caming and i most definatly will be bringing the cot bed that i have as a chair to sit on in it even though i dont have a stove YET

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE