Belgian shops?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
tomtom said:
well i know its not Belgian and i know its not open yet but....

keep an eye on www.bushcraftshop.nl ;)

Thx for that, but I've already been keeping an eye on it for some weeks ;)

Yea army surplus shops have interesting things as well, though last time I was in one I strangely found the stuff quite overpriced (like 50 € for the US army poncho, that's about 35£ I think). Maybe the seller thought that I'd pay extra just because it was "the real stuff from the real army".

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
Stockoma Bvba
Brusselsesteenweg
1730 Asse (Kobbegem)

A bit messy but good prices, new & old gear, military & non military.
Clothes, tools, matrasses, sleeping bags, shoes, ... I go there about once a year before the camping season.

Decathlon have good affordable clothes, tents, ...

bartjen 2

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2006
belgium
he gunnix. Read your thread on belgian shops. There is also a good one in Ranst-emblem boven Antwerpen. Very good for army stuff and bivy bags.
Also het Amerikaantje in Belsele-Sint-Niklaas

DZ-Y

Aug 9, 2006
Netherlands
I suppose you already know avventura as they seem to have a shop in Gent. avventura It seems they have a sale in the Kortrijk shop as they are closing it down. Should present a good opportunity to score some nice kit.

For online stores, I have good (though limited) experience with Globetrotter.de . They carry a great range of outdoor brands.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I haven't seen a nice poncho at a reasonable price in belgium yet, I'd like the german rubberized one. I'd like a tatonka cotton tarp but I don't see that anywhere around here. Also I didn't ever see a shop with a kellykettle. There's a lot of other stuff... Maybe it would be worth it to start a shop with some decent products here in belgium :p

Nahh, the group buys here on the forum have supllied me with some decent things already, I like the group buy idea but I'd wonder if it would be anything for a belgian to organise if it adds up to postage costs for all the people in the uk. It'd be nice to have a belgian forum with a reasonable amount of people to organise group buys and to arrange meetings.

bartjen 2

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2006
belgium
goede trap gekocht in Decathlon in Rijsel maar er is er ook1 in Antwerpen en in Brussel 3x3m en niet duur, groen Camoflageponcho gekocht in het amerikaantje. Heb jij soms al een spoon knife???Of iemand anders in belgie??

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
bartjen 2 said:
goede trap gekocht in Decathlon in Rijsel maar er is er ook1 in Antwerpen en in Brussel 3x3m en niet duur, groen Camoflageponcho gekocht in het amerikaantje. Heb jij soms al een spoon knife???Of iemand anders in belgie??

Bartjen2,

Please post in English, this is an English forum, and it's impolite when the majority of the members don't know what you are talking about.

IIRC this is the second time I ask you to ... :rolleyes:

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
bartjen 2 said:

You can find a spoon knife in the shop "Willy Vanhoute" (a wood turning and carving shop, only quality stuff) in Beernem (it's in the small industry zone there). I guess there are other shops for wood carving where you can find one as well, I think one in ghent has it. I haven't bought such a knife yet though, because the one in vahoute was too expensive for me.

I'd like a poncho wich is almost as thick and strong like rubber, I saw a german army poncho is like that. But the only poncho's I find in shops here are thin nylon, although you can find raincoats made of rubbery material.
I think I'll order around 5 of the german army poncho's from a german shop, since postage costs less per item if I get 5 ;). I also just got 5 firesteels from the bb groupbuy, guess I'll give them away for christmas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE