Belated Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigegg

Jan 24, 2012
leeds
Made a couple of posts already, thought it was about time I introduced myself.
I'm 39, semi-retired (through choice), and own a second hand book business based in Hunslet, South Leeds.

Started "bushcraft" before I knew what it was - grew up right on the Leeds/Wakefield border, and spent most of my chilhood roaming the fields and woods between Morley and Rothwell.
Learnt to swim in Middleton Park pond.
Started reading "Survival Weaponry and Techniques" magazine from issue 1, and tried most of the "survival" stuff.
Did my "Duke of Edinburgh" award to silver level whilst at school
When I was 18, I lived rough for a month on Mull, just for fun, with a knife and the (admittedly quite good) clothes I stood up in.
Got married, started a family (all growed up now), and settled down :.(
Progressed into blacksmithing and home-foundry work, and studied chemistry, mech.eng and electronics at university level (gotta love the Open University) -I'm pretty confident I can design, build, or repair pretty much *anything*, given access to the 'net for a bit of guidance :.)

Any way, I've had a good read of the forum, and it looks like my sort of place - so expect to hear plenty from me.

bigegg

Jan 24, 2012
leeds
Hello and welcome!
Nice to see another SWAT reader - I used to write for them :)

I recognise your name.
My entire collection, right from no.1 to when the name was changed to "surival and outdoor techniques"
was ebay'd to someone in Canada, about 10 years ago.

I *think* I had a crossword published by them - but it may have been "combat"(?), it was a *long* time ago - certainly 20 or 25 years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE