Beginner's look

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Cracking post. Very much mirrors my own thoughts and experiences with bushcraft. Although you presented it in a much more articulate way than I ever could.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
As others have said that was an excellent first post and straight from the heart. I have almost done the opposite thing because I grew up and played in the countryside as a young lad and then got shooting rights as a 15 year old and spent most of the next eight years shooting the land and savouring every moment in the countryside during the process. Just sitting in a hide watching animals appear from nowhere has always amazed me but that is the best way to observe them.

Then I chased a career (and a few women) and stopped shooting before settling down in a different area completely. As the years rolled by I lost interest in the countryside and before I knew it some 35 years had passed. I had also given up my shotgun licence during this time as I never used it. Then I discovered Google Earth and thought it would be cool to look at my old haunt from the air; until I spotted a very large pond that had not been there in my day. I had to investigate. And so on one beautiful June day I donned some walking gear and drove out to the land I once shot to go and take a look at this pond. In doing so all of the old smells and sounds and sights flooded me and I was hooked once again only this time there was no shooting. That was three years ago and now I spend most weekends out and about in the countryside and in recent months I have also taken up photography; shooting of a different kind and I thoroughly enjoy it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE