Beer mats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Have now found out what is in the grey box in my room.

Beer mats.

What do I do with them?

Souledman

Nov 14, 2020
Glasgow
I used to collect them, and have one of these boxes in the loft. For me it was definitely connected with being somewhere and picking one up. You might be able to sell them though I guess.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had a look on Ebay and they dont seem to go for much.

Im thinking of giving them to the community cafe; they might have fun (and use) of them.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Are they cardboard or toweling ones?
Years ago, I used to sew the toweling ones together to make a rather interesting and useful bathroom towel, or to use on the beach. I was so very skint in those days. I think I even patched a pair of jeans with one once!
Cardboard ones are not so usefull no idea what to use them for.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If they're the toweling variety they are the very best thing ever by a fire or in a kitchen when cooking; tough as old boots, super absorbent, will insulate your hand etc. I am never found cooking without one tucked somewhere about my waistband. If you can't think of anything get in touch and I'll buy or trade for them.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Place one on the edge of a table and flip the beer mat over,and try to catch it.Then go for two or three.
My personal record as a boy in a man's world is 6 beer mats. I got a free game of pool as the prize....

(remember when pubs had 'the bar' and 'the family bar'!)

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
The pub lounge was always a few pence dearer than the bar.Me and my mates would never venture into the "snug"for fear of women with blue hair,and tea cozies on their heads.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
We do this with the full pint glass still in place yes?
Of course...... although the pint is in the strong hand, the flipping is done with your support hand...... points for taking gulps of ale between flips.....

• Haha
Reactions: TeeDee

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I remember having to sit on the step with a bottle of pop if that’s what you mean?..
Family bar for mothers with a half. Kids with a Coke and a packet of those crisps that had the salt sachet in em! Roy Orbison on the box.... ahh.... memories. My old man was in the bar with the men. I remember going in there once to get a tenner off him for my mum. That's how it was then. The fag smoke came down to waist height I swear.....

Reactions: FerlasDave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE