Beekeeping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I've just started keeping bees in Edinburgh, having got involved in the local beekeeping association's beginners course, and have recently acquired a small colony in a hive to look after.

I was just wondering if there's anyone else on BCUK who keeps bees with whom I can share experiences and advice over the coming year?

I'll maybe post some pictures and info for anyone who's interested later on when things are a bit more active at the apiary.

Hopefully I'll have my own wax and honey some time next year if all goes well! :D

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Congratulations March. Beekeeping is the way forward.
I don't know anyone around who's keeping bees but I do know a bloke in Germany who's goign on a course soon and will have his own colony.
If you want I can hook you up with him. He'd love this for sure.
Also I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hear how you doing. Keeping bees is on the wishlist here.

y0dsa

Forager
Jan 17, 2008
The Danelaw
I used to look after my dad's ten hives, although that was a wee while ago now.

Always thought bees were fascinating and wonderful, so one day, some day, I'll get a colony of my own.

In the meantime, happy to try and answer what I can.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hi match.

theres currently three batches of hives on our smallholding (at Kirknewton), we've got two - to be expanded to four this year, theres a chap called Keith who has a few down the back of the polytunnels, and a chap called Nigel (who is currently doing the very same course as you) is going to keep a few by the raspberries.

The EMBA course is like an initiation for working at the farm, we've all done it.

we have around thirty spare hives, loads of foundation, spare smokers, hive tools, etc etc.

drop me a line if you want to hook up.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE