Beech

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do you have a coping saw ?
That thickness makes really good stand up animal toys for infants. We've still got a set up the loft a friend made for my sons, a very long time ago.
Like Noah's Ark I mean.

M

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Do you have a coping saw ?
That thickness makes really good stand up animal toys for infants. We've still got a set up the loft a friend made for my sons, a very long time ago.
Like Noah's Ark I mean.

M

That is a superb idea :beerchug:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
So long as the wood is well clamped, one can be very quick and accurate with either a coping or fret saw.....and it can be demonstrated anywhere too, doesn't need power, if I make myself clear ? At the width of that beech, the coping saw should be more than wide enough for clearance.
On that note though, I bought some of the spiral cutting blades to try, and they're very different to use. Wide swarf, but so easy, even when my wrists and hands were not feeling up to any strain. No awkward direction changes. Quietly pleased with them :)

M

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
So long as the wood is well clamped, one can be very quick and accurate with either a coping or fret saw.....and it can be demonstrated anywhere too, doesn't need power, if I make myself clear ? At the width of that beech, the coping saw should be more than wide enough for clearance.
On that note though, I bought some of the spiral cutting blades to try, and they're very different to use. Wide swarf, but so easy, even when my wrists and hands were not feeling up to any strain. No awkward direction changes. Quietly pleased with them :)

M

Hoping to get out in the workshop and give it a go later, i could use the band saw, but feeling a bit of manual labour is in order today, will keep me warmer out there too :)

May 26, 2017
ayr
hello im pretty new to the forum mainly been lurking in the background all this time

but i do have a suggestion of something that could be made
you could make wooden butter/cheese knives
there are many cool designs people have come up with
would make for a nice gift with a little cutting board (and maybe some cheese to go with)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE