Becoming anti dpm, where to get equivalent in OG...

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

I love my dpm kit, it's bombproof (!), comfy, and can be fashonable.
But wandering around the woods, people seem to think, I think I'm some sort of soldier!!
While this doesn't really bother me, it would be nicer to be wearing Olive colour kit, and mabey not have as many people turn and walk the other way, because of 'that nutter'.lol!!
I have loads of OG trousers, but they're just not the same as my s95 trouser in dpm.

So, does anyone know where I can replace my current jacket and trousers (dpm), with the same spec but in olive green?

I have a dpm combat smock, windproof arctic seyntex (I think it's garbardine showerproof), I'd like the same jacket in olive green.

I prefer soldier 95 quick drying trousers, again prefer in OG

Anyone know where I might get them?

Thanks,
Paul.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

Thanks for posting the link.
Great site. They are a bit pricey though, my windproof smock only cost me £25 from my local surplus store, but sadly they don't have it in OG.....
Is there anywhere else that does the OG version that won't cost an arm and a leg??

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Soldier of Fortune do these...

S71A2LFC.jpg

A.C.U ( Army Combat Uniform) is the latest combat uniform issued to US Forces to replace the Original BDUs.

Ripstop cotton fabric
Velcro name tapes
Velcro sleeve patches
2 tactical chest pockets (angled to allow access when wearing belt order)
2 sleeve pockets closed by velcro
Zip up front with flap
Pen pockets on lower sleeve
Stand up mandarin collar
Pockets on elbows for sliding in pads (pads not included).
Green.

For 19.99 + P&P

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.asp

HTH

Simon

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i'll vouch that the ACU is both comfortable and hard wearing, although if at all possible go for the TRU-SPEC stuff. its the company that actually manufactures for the US army.
i have issues as i'm a large/x-long in acu tops so i'm very hard to shop for heh. fortunatly if you contact tru-spec they'll do any size for you in any colour ;)

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Thanks for the help guys, they are pretty simular to what I'm after.
Trouble is, you know when you've been usng something for a long time and you love it? Only the same thing will do!!
Oh, and I have looked through the list of suppliers links......

After looking through some of the other sites and links, I realise what a bargain my arctic windproof smock was.......

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Thanks for pointing that out too.
I have just noticed some on evilbay that are sort of what I'm after.

Thanks again

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I love my dpm kit, it's bombproof (!), comfy, and can be fashonable. But wandering around the woods, people seem to think I'm some sort of soldier!!

Just duck down every time you see someone. They probably won't notice you if my experience is anything to go by!:)

I maintain that a DPM jacket, preferably one that has undergone a few non-bio powder washes, is still by far the best camo pattern for UK Spring/Summer woodland concealment. When it is too warm for even an unlined smock one of those Arktis "hot climate" shirts in DPM is just the ticket.;)

Cheers

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
actually DPM shows up really badly in british woodland. its only really effective in high summer. any other time and german flecktarn seems to work best.
i play alot of airsoft and so many people show up in all different kinds of camo its unreal.
we've got guys in DPM, Marine pattern (american digital) US woodland, Flecktarn, Russian Partizan or tiger, US tiger, Danish, Canadian digi you name it.
all good fun ;)

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
All camo is effective in the right suroundings, even bright pink, if your standing next to a bright pink house!!

Dyeing them isn't a bad idea, but I'd like to keep my dpm as well (like to do a bit of local wildlife watching too).

Perhaps the question is better answered by a roe deer!
Yesterday evening I came within 5ft of a deer that finally spotted me, and I had been watching the group of 7 for a half hour just 4meters away before hand wearing just og colours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE