becker brute

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snock

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2006
Aylesbury.
www.airgunbbs.com
Hi.

If you do a Google search you'll find a site called M40 Selections.
It's a good site with plenty of info on it.

Here's a link from M40's pages about him turning a kukri into a very serviceable knife, where he mentions the Becker Brute

Regards.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I'm a big fan of the Becker Brute. But, Brute it is. The major downside of the Brute is that it is not a very effect chopper or slicer. Good for splitting kindling though. The edge is very, very thick. However, with some time and patience (and a belt sander :D ), you can reprofile the edge and turn this beast into something that will slice and dice and have good chopping penetration. As with all the Beckers, I highly recommend ditching the standard scales and putting on their micarta versions. Makes a world of difference.

I should add that if you don't want to go through the hassle of reprofiling, get the BK 9. It's much thinner at the edge and a great "big" knife at a reasonable price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE