bear's........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Why not introduce them back to England.

Why do people always want to do things as long as it is not done near where they live??

Just up the road from where I live there is a stone where the last Wolf in Sutherland was supposedly killed.
Not the exact place as they widened the road and moved the stone back!!

Scotland is not as remote as you think especially when you live here.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Just to clarify on the 'people living in England' point - the reason I say scotland is because to my mind it would be the ideal area - climacticly correct as well as rugged and reseasonably unpopulated.

I live in Essex and if I could I'd buy Epping forest and reintroduce them there - I'd rather do that than do it in scotland but the practicle aspects all point north. I wouldnt want to send my money north but conversationally speaking that would be the best place.

More over I would much rather just re-introdce them every where and let natural take its course - so a few dogs, cats and Hikers might get eaten but hey were over populated anyway so no lose - I prefer animals to most of the people i know anyway.

And if we could train them the kill mountain bikers all the better in my book!

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
hey lay off us mountain bikers! Its fun and the most practical and environmentally sound method of transport. Oh and it means i don't have to drive back fronm the pub :wink:
Rich

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Now then let me explain when i said about wolves in scotland i,m not 500 miles away, i,m scottish born and bred, staying in Scotland and working the length & bredth of it, Highlands& Islands,all over.Of course i would like to see wolves or any other wild animals that have disappeared due to human interference, in either England, Scotland, wales, Ireland or the rest of the Europe for that matter. But at the end of the day it,s a hypothetical situation we were talking about. its still only a nice thought though.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
:oops: OOeer, looks like I've started an international incident...there are lots of sensible reasons why the highlands would be the place in the UK for a re-introduction scheme to start, although you couldn't imagine they would just stay there. I wasn't having a dig at people on this forum, more pointing out the incongruity of the fact that the campaign to re-introduce wolves is based in Oxford

Cheers

Justin
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooowwwoooooo

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I live in sussex loads of woodland to play in. It would make my year to hear the sound of a wild wolf howling whilst i was out and about. Even better to see them. lots of sheep on the Downs though would probably cause conflict. South Down National Park will never be a Yellowstone. I'm sure if farmers in our more remote corners are properly compensated for proven cases of wolf predation the most of the conflict could be avoided. Some outcry on radio today about red deer being culled in scotland. Didn't catch all of it but thats what large carnivores are for. Bring back wolves, bears, lynx the whole 9 yards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE