Bear Grylls New Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well we knew that he and Bayley went their seperate ways and that he went with Gerber to produce a range of survival Knives and multi-tools. Here are the first pics of his knife...

http://outdoorsurvivalclothes.com/p_31803/Product_Archive.html

beargryllsgerber2.jpg

beargryllsgerber2.jpghttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B003R0LSMO?tag=outdsurvclot-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B003R0LSMO&adid=15JBSTYT22282QNGQ8Q7

Hmmmmmm, no comment.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! COugh cough ahem, I actually quite like the guy, but that knife is not a looker, it looks like it's from Tron! I have a real strong dislike to that knife, the more i look. nononono.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Hmmmm, Indeed!

They will sell like the perverbial hotcakes though and you know it!

Not for me though but a few things I like for an emergency knife which, I'm guessing this is designed for and not something to become friends with...........:p

be interesting to get one in the hand to understand it better

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
That knife is not a looker, it looks like it's from Tron! I have a real strong dislike to that knife, the more i look. nononono.

Tron?

Either that or Automan.

I think it's an ugly knife, however functional it may be, but will appeal to pseudo military/airsofter types or fans of Grylls.

They're trying to make it too space age and modern. Why can't they just stick to classic clean lines, functional yet stylish?

It's as comic looking as the Explora Survival knife.

I can't understand why folk buy these sharp edged shapes with a blade attached (see what I did there?).

Maybe I'm just getting old...

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
Oh Gerber why did you did that? :eek:

You're going to get rich but you're also gonna be remembered as the brand that made the BG knife and everyone in 20 or 30 years will laugh at you.:banghead:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Oh Gerber why did you did that? :eek:

You're going to get rich but you're also gonna be remembered as the brand that made the BG knife and everyone in 20 or 30 years will laugh at you.:banghead:

I don't think they have much to lose and plenty to gain $$$$$$. Gerbers reputation took a nose dive years ago when the quality and manufacturing did the same.

If I was to strike a deal with a manufacturer, Mora would be the choice.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sorry Miyagi, Tron the film from 1982, with all the dayglow lines molded into there suits.

He knows. He remembers Automan ***. New Tron movie is out soon too. Maybe they'll be promoting Teddys knives. The full range is being released in January 2011 and is a collection of ten pieces of knifeyness.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Sorry Miyagi, Tron the film from 1982, with all the dayglow lines molded into there suits.

He knows. He remembers Automan ***. New Tron movie is out soon too. Maybe they'll be promoting Teddys knives. The full range is being released in January 2011 and is a collection of ten pieces of knifeyness.

Sad to say Southey, JD is right I remember them both.

At least Manimal never had a knife...

They've redone Charlie's Angels, there's a new A Team coming out, a new Karate Kid movie (Jackie Chan is good in his own right, but Noriyuki "Pat" Morita R.I.P. is THE Mr. Miyagi) and now a new Tron movie?

What next? Blakes7.

Or Camberwick Green The Movie "You won't beleive these are Playdough!!!"?

I did like the new Battlestar Galactica TV series though...

Edit; Apologies for the thread hijack, but Tron etc., have more appeal than yon knife.

Last edited:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
To be honest, it doesn't look that bad.
I probably wouldn't have one myself, but it's better than some so-called survival knives out there.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
To be honest, it doesn't look that bad.
I probably wouldn't have one myself, but it's better than some so-called survival knives out there.

Survival knife, Bushcraft knive etc., they're all targetted at a market (we know, but forget as our jaw drops at the sight of them) but some have an elegance and functionality.

Personally, I still have my late Gran's bread knife in daily use. It's more stiletto than bread knife these days but has seen more action than some of the fashionable lures you see these days.

Mind you, she had a lot to feed..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE