Bear Grylls and Stephen Fry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it I thought Stephen Fry was great and took on all the challenges thrown at him very well. I think the whole programme needs to be taken at face value and not as anything else :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Well said that man. It's TV entertainment and that's about it. Two seemingly nice blokes and a nice view of some stunning scenery.

(But cooking deer on his knife blade did make me cringe. We all have our weaknesses :eek:)

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
I agree, SF was great and took it all in his stride. I was in Ireland over Christmas visiting the daughter and family and there was an interesting programme all about making the series and the crew he works with. Much respect to his cameraman!

Dave

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Interesting that they touched on the whole religion thing too, both being opposite ends of the spectrum. Spectacular scenery, i wonder if you can wild camp.....

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well said that man. It's TV entertainment and that's about it. Two seemingly nice blokes and a nice view of some stunning scenery.

(But cooking deer on his knife blade did make me cringe. We all have our weaknesses :eek:)

WoW! That's exactly my position, literally exactly what I was going to post! :)

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i enjoyed it too especially the chit chat banter and talking about fry's personal issues my son enjoyed it but said whys bear grylls with a man with a bent nose...

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I thought this would divide opinion, but it seems the consensus is that people have enjoyed it. I personally can watch anything with Stephen Fry. Some of BG's camp craft left a lot to be desired though. I expected a bit more from the country's top scout. Or am I being a bit too fussy?

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I expected a bit more from the country's top scout. Or am I being a bit too fussy?

i don't think you're being too fussy, i just think you've jumped on the bash Bear bandwagon and got it completely wrong.

I enjoyed the program and don't really see what more you could have expected or wanted.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
i don't think you're being too fussy, i just think you've jumped on the bash Bear bandwagon and got it completely wrong.

Not at all. I've got the utmost respect for the guy. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon. I for the most part, enjoyed the program.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I enjoyed the show. Agree that the camp craft left a lot to be desired, but think there is some merit in a show like this as an alternative to normal chat shows. Take a decent celeb out for a few days and interview them while being out there.

Nemesis

Jan 4, 2010
Surrey
Thought it was very entertaining. Loved using an entire tampon to light 'a fire' then dropping a block if hexi straight on it!! Anything that makes people that wouldn't usually watch a bushcraft show watch something that gives a really compelling taste of the outdoors is a good thing.
I hadn't seen it before but guessing it was a repeat as Frys suicide attempt was a few years ago and he referred to it as 'last year'? Could be wrong though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE