Bear Fight?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
So glad that link never led to two big gay hairy men fighting.

Some serious bear power being thrown about in that video, just one of those blows would take your face clean off

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Almost as bad as two Dundee lassies going at it :D
Yeah you wouldn't want to get in to that mix.

Sent via smokesignal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ah you were talking about the bears... Sorry late one last night.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Bigger claws than bears too, local nail bars use Stihl Saws

I'm not sure they were properly fighting. Maybe Just sort of rough house play fight like foolish teenagers to claim territory.

When black or grizzly fight in spring or later in summer when cubs are around they smash everything in their way. It is much more violent than that video. They can sure move quick - even big grizzly can out run caribou when he's hungry enough.

Always makes us laugh when white hunters tell us what to do when big bear attacks you. You don't decide what is going to happen - you have no choice. Grizzly do that for you.

Dundee women sound......???.............. I'll stick to ours thanks for advice.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Remember a pal of mine visiting Canada for the first time was told by the Ranger service to make a noise for one species but stay quiet for the other. Only to forget which way 'round it was about half an hour later! Still he reckoned he could outrun his wife. :rolleyes:

Yes I have some good Dundee jokes but they aren't for family reading. (Though truthfully I gone out with some lovely Dundonian lassies).

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Pretty serious pushing/shoving/slapping/biting for dominance. I see lots of fur flying after about 2 minutes.
Local bears have been out for 7-10 days = a month early. Nobody has seen any in the village but that
can't be for long. Nothing at all has greened up anywhere = too early.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm not sure they were properly fighting. Maybe Just sort of rough house play fight like foolish teenagers to claim territory.

When black or grizzly fight in spring or later in summer when cubs are around they smash everything in their way. It is much more violent than that video. They can sure move quick - even big grizzly can out run caribou when he's hungry enough.......

I was wondering if it was an all out fight or rough pay. I've personally never seen two bears together in one spot so I have no reference. Thanks for answering that.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Remember a pal of mine visiting Canada for the first time was told by the Ranger service to make a noise for one species but stay quiet for the other. Only to forget which way 'round it was about half an hour later! Still he reckoned he could outrun his wife. :rolleyes:

Yes I have some good Dundee jokes but they aren't for family reading. (Though truthfully I gone out with some lovely Dundonian lassies).

Me too Truthfully took me ages to read all the tattoos

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
nothing really constructive but thought I'd share....

bearwarning.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE