BcUK Photograph of 2014 competition November heat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
OK folks, here's the November heat for this years Photograph competition. :)

The theme for this heat is

At Rest

Can I also remind people to the addition to rule 4

Members may enter only one photograph per month. However you may change your entry once. If you wish to do this then you must state that your previous entry is being withdrawn.

For the rest of the rules and themes for the other months please look here.

Good luck to everyone who enters :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ok, let's get this month off to as start. 'At rest' is the theme, and it is also my dog's favourite state of being, after 'eating'. He is old, so doesn't run much any more.

Title: Out cold
15497801077_76d75dbac2_b.jpg

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
I'm pretty lucky to have a girlfriend who totally got into bushcraft after she met me. She was a city girl who asked me what a certain noise was while sitting besides a pond. It was a FROG! So... it was a long road to get her up to making fire with a bowdrill :D

I learned her everything I knew regarding 'Bushcraft' and I always feel proud when she manages to get comfortable in the environment and weather that is thrown at us. This photo, although not very artistic or well edited, always makes me feel like the luckiest guy on Earth :) (this photo was taken after we built a lean-to in Sweden and caught a nice trout before spending the night in the shelter after a long day) Finally some well deserved diner and rest!

dsc_0624.jpg

I thought I would enter my little friend into this competition.

We were wandering through a local wood when my girlfriend spotted the squirrel, we watched him and tried getting photos of him, most of which were successful. He wasn't too bothered by our presence at all and performed some acrobatics for us around the branches, even hanging and eating upside down several times. He eventually jumped on to this mossy tree and just sat there and munched away quite happily. We must have stayed there for 10 - 20 minutes and he never moved on so we left him in peace.

Red Squirrel by andy_mcdonaldphoto, on Flickr

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Some great pictures for the last heat of this year's competition. It's really nice to see how folks are interpreting the theme as well. :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I'm pretty lucky to have a girlfriend who totally got into bushcraft after she met me. She was a city girl who asked me what a certain noise was while sitting besides a pond. It was a FROG! So... it was a long road to get her up to making fire with a bowdrill :D

I learned her everything I knew regarding 'Bushcraft' and I always feel proud when she manages to get comfortable in the environment and weather that is thrown at us. This photo, although not very artistic or well edited, always makes me feel like the luckiest guy on Earth :) (this photo was taken after we built a lean-to in Sweden and caught a nice trout before spending the night in the shelter after a long day) Finally some well deserved diner and rest!

dsc_0624.jpg

I believe you'll find the subject matter for this month is "rest"!!

Cheers

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE