BCUK membe rwho made a traditional Indian Canoe.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Last year I came across an article on the forum about a member on here building a very traditional Indian canoe.There were some amazing pictures of contruction and the finished canoe complete with hand made original cordages for mooring. If I remember correctly the gentleman in question was even wearing traditional Indian clothing in the last pictures on the water. I am currently in the research stages of such a project and wondered in anybody could point me towards the article as I have patiently trawled the forum for hours and cannot find the thread. Unfortunately I cannot remember the gentlemans name,

many thanks in advance
P.

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Thats the one,
thank you very much
I was typing in 'canoe' should have been 'Kayak' in the search box.

P.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Ne botha, one seriously impressive build that even more so to know that he done it all without any guide or plan not of his own creation

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As a side note its often easier to search BCUK through Google. Prefix your search with BCUK and then type in your search parameters. Often quicker and puts less strain on the forum servers.
Hope this helps for future searches.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE