BCUK Match curling competition!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Strangely addictive :eek:

I've got me a 12th scale campfire now :rolleyes: :D

HWMBLT just looked at me (you know that look, the one husbands give when they think the missus has really lost her marbles this time) when I said, "Gonnae photie these for me ?,

and lo, and he looked, and he saw frilly matchsticks :confused:

and in a stunned voice He Who Must Be Listened To asked his wife of some thirty odd years,
"What *are* you doing ?????"

And she replied, "It's a curling competition! "

And with rolled eyes and a droll look, He asked, "Hair or granite ?" :confused: :confused:

"Ah, no", quoth she, "It's a match curling competition on BcUK :D "
... sustained silence as he absorbs the info......

And himself said, "Oh that makes a lot of sense, might have known, you lot are bored aren't you? You're stuck at home cos it's midweek and it's pouring down out there, so you're getting your daily shinies and fire fixes, carving *matches* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'll do it in the morning".

:( :sigh:

Then Son2, for he was going to his bed since he's up early, came to give Mum1 a hug and a goodnight, and yeah verily he too looked like a stunned mullet, and asked, "yeah? what? nevermind......hug, cuddle, g'night"

Honestly, you'd think I'd never made a mess with bits of wood before ;)

Piccies in the morning, A wee Mora Classic seems to do a nice job for under a tenner :D

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Strangely addictive :eek:

I've got me a 12th scale campfire now :rolleyes: :D

HWMBLT just looked at me (you know that look, the one husbands give when they think the missus has really lost her marbles this time) when I said, "Gonnae photie these for me ?,

and lo, and he looked, and he saw frilly matchsticks :confused:

and in a stunned voice He Who Must Be Listened To asked his wife of some thirty odd years,
"What *are* you doing ?????"

And she replied, "It's a curling competition! "

And with rolled eyes and a droll look, He asked, "Hair or granite ?" :confused: :confused:

"Ah, no", quoth she, "It's a match curling competition on BcUK :D "
... sustained silence as he absorbs the info......

And himself said, "Oh that makes a lot of sense, might have known, you lot are bored aren't you? You're stuck at home cos it's midweek and it's pouring down out there, so you're getting your daily shinies and fire fixes, carving *matches* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'll do it in the morning".

:( :sigh:

Then Son2, for he was going to his bed since he's up early, came to give Mum1 a hug and a goodnight, and yeah verily he too looked like a stunned mullet, and asked, "yeah? what? nevermind......hug, cuddle, g'night"

Honestly, you'd think I'd never made a mess with bits of wood before ;)

Piccies in the morning, A wee Mora Classic seems to do a nice job for under a tenner :D

cheers,
Toddy

:lmao: :lmao:

Classic, thanks for the giggle Mary

I must admit I did mine in the privacy of the workshop in the cellar :cool:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
bugger, i have a bag of matches to try this on. one of those you get from model shops without heads on? i've got about 10k of the things....
well its good practice i'll post results tonight, also the cuts ;)

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Damn, I can't get the pics off my phone! Forgot about that :p And it curled up beautifully too :(

I used to have a bluetooth dongle but gave it away a few months back. Funny how you never need something until you've given it away!

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Damn, I can't get the pics off my phone! Forgot about that :p And it curled up beautifully too :(

I used to have a bluetooth dongle but gave it away a few months back. Funny how you never need something until you've given it away!

Picture message it to me and I'll PM it back to you, or something. PM me and I'll send you my mobile no.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Interesting comp, i'll have to get some matches and have ago.

I've got a prize to donate, BNIB pair of salt & pepper pots that look like 10bore cartridges, is that acceptable ?

Rob.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Interesting comp, i'll have to get some matches and have ago.

I've got a prize to donate, BNIB pair of salt & pepper pots that look like 10bore cartridges, is that acceptable ?

Rob.

very generous Rob thankyou, would be very grateful!! Could you post pics to give people some "Inspiration" !!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Heres my paltry attempt

3701389843_bc3f827a41_o.jpg

And the obligatory "second photo"

3702199296_7373d9e9f8_o.jpg

Red

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
what you don't realise is the axe is 3ft across! :lmao:

cracking job though Hugh! - you are a star, not even gonna try now....... maybe :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its not an entry Graham - the rules say it has to be photographed with a knife :D

Bit of fun though ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE