bcuk Jungle Skills course (Borneo) 22nd - 29th September 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Tony,
Sorry for being "out of term..." When is the term. I am new to this forum, but I would be interested to know when is the best time for people to go on similar expeditions. Our group of guys planning something similar in different part of the world and so far we are very flexible on time. If there is special GOOD time to travel - we may adjust our trip and then may invite more bushcrafters...

JimBeam

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Ooooooooh just seen this, If I could scrape the cash together I'd definitely be up for this!

EDIT: Just realised it's in fresher's week so I'll have to be helping out with selection....... absolutely gutted

EDIT EDIT: Wonder if I could get out of that.....!

Last edited:

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi tedw
In answer to your question, there has been a lot of interest shown in this expedition but no one has committed to date. The Expedition go/no go date is 15th June 2012

Regards
Becky

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Thanks Becky, I'm hoping to go but have a couple of other options that I don't want to lose if I commit to this and then it does not go ahead. Hmmm!:confused:

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
OK, I've taken the plunge, signed up and paid my deposit. Who else is up for it?

I did this year's Arctic course with Woody and BE and I reckon you won't find a better value chance anywhere to learn bushcraft skills from a real hands-on expert. Just look at the threads generated by the Arctic course to see what a great experience we all had there. Can't wait now :D, so come on guys!

For those interested, flights look to work out somewhere around the £800 mark, but I need to research that some more.

Last edited:

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
That was for a direct flight LHR to BSB - £757. I may be able to get cheaper by breaking up the journey - we shall see.

You must be able tp get flights from NZ cheaper than that!

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Hi All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1.Tedw

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
If anyone thinking of coming on this (please!) needs kit, Craghoppers have a 25%-off offer on their Nosquito range of clothing. Just use the code "CBITE" during checkout on their website.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
Dear All
We regret to say that the above expedition is cancelled due to insufficient numbers. I will email you regarding your refund.
Regards
Becky​

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE