BBC's Masterclass series on Youtube

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've come to the conclusion that between spooncarving, woodturning, wanting to learn basketry, weaving, spinning, sewing, and probably knitting, plus making a pole lathe and a shave horse, not to mention having a job and a wife, it is no wonder I don't have much time to go outside and enjoy myself. :rolleyes:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've come to the conclusion that between spooncarving, woodturning, wanting to learn basketry, weaving, spinning, sewing, and probably knitting, plus making a pole lathe and a shave horse, not to mention having a job and a wife, it is no wonder I don't have much time to go outside and enjoy myself. :rolleyes:

Which is why I come to BCUK so I can live vicariously through others who are doing it... and I sleep in a comfy bed at night and I'm without blisters :lmao:

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Thanks biker. Almost finished the thatching one. Watched the green wood working one. I thought they were both good and will watch all of them! thanks for sharing this. That green wood working one has inspired me to get a froe and make a shaving horse.
Would this be a good froe? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Fro...lectable_ToolsHasdware_RL&hash=item2329068db3

Looks ok to me. Would like to know what steel it is personally but as long as its not mild it should be fine.

I just made a froe for siwright on here.

Andy

Biker

Speaking of Froes, do they need to be chisel sharp? Just yesterday I fitted a new handle on my old froe that I grabbed at a boot fair 2 years ago. It's in good condition and the blade's sound just not very sharp in comparison to anything else I have with a blade on it.

Outdoordude. Like Andy siad if the steel's good, go for it, but check out the feedback of the seller for previous customers who have bought them from him.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Aw, shame I didn't see this thread earlier. They have rerun the whole series several times over Easter on Yesterday and I'd recorded them to my hard dive. Could have done you a disc but deleted them off after watching.

Biker

Aw, shame I didn't see this thread earlier. They have rerun the whole series several times over Easter on Yesterday and I'd recorded them to my hard dive. Could have done you a disc but deleted them off after watching.

Awww thanks mate. I found an add-on for Mozilla Firefox that allows me to download and save films directly off of Youtube. So they're now saved in MP4 format on my hard drive.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Thanks for posting this but who is going to explain to my lovely wife why I got nothing done around the house today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Biker

missed this thread first time around. Cheers marra ;)

Wish they'd do another season with more craft skills.

Me too, only less of a contest themed series. I didn't like the fact they had to make someone a winner of the three taking part. Too much like reality TV.

Glad you clocked this the second time around then, happier about bumping it now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE