BBC folk show.......no more Mike Harding

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mmmm. He is quite a popular chap in the fly fishing circles Ed. He wrote a book recently, North Country Flies, and gives talks, fly tying demo's at the various guilds.
Never met him personally. So for all I know, he could indeed be a major egomaniac!
I bet he's not short of a bob or two anyway, so forgive me if I dont feel tooo sympathetic for him...:lmao:

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Mmmm. He is quite a popular chap in the fly fishing circles Ed. He wrote a book recently, North Country Flies, and gives talks, fly tying demo's at the various guilds.
Never met him personally. So for all I know, he could indeed be a major egomaniac!
I bet he's not short of a bob or two anyway, so forgive me if I dont feel tooo sympathetic for him...:lmao:

As an outsider looking in (I don't know anything about him or the show in question) it seem that he and his personal circumstances really aren't the point. Rather most of the positive comments about him (and corresponding negative comments about his being taken off the air) seem to reflect that he and the show were popular and thus removing them was a mistake.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
The show still exists! Just hosted by Mark Radcliffe now. It was quite a good show last week :)

Sent from myPhone

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
As an outsider looking in (I don't know anything about him or the show in question) it seem that he and his personal circumstances really aren't the point. Rather most of the positive comments about him (and corresponding negative comments about his being taken off the air) seem to reflect that he and the show were popular and thus removing them was a mistake.

Yes. But as he has more than I do, I'm allowed to moan, and be a bit snide about him, behind his back.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yes. But as he has more than I do, I'm allowed to moan, and be a bit snide about him, behind his back.

Agreed. Just the same as I moan about professional athletes making obscene salaries; although I continue to watch the games. Same about actors and movies.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I liked his shows and was sorry to see him go. Mark Radcliffe's show was pretty good though and I liked the way he opened with comments on how he and Mike remain mates.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE