BBC Documentary info request

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I’ve been in contact with a member of the BBC Documentry team called Marco. They’re developing a 40-minute documentary about consumer culture for BBC2, which will broadcast this autumn. They would like to get in contact with people who have completely rejected consumer culture - people who are living radically different lifestyles, in contact with nature and far outside the mainstream.

The film is an observational documentary - they do not have a presenter or any kind of format, but are aiming entirely to follow people's real-life stories. They would ideally be looking to film with people in the next couple of months - filming would be arranged according to the person's convenience.

If you're interested or you know of people that this documentary would cover, please get in contact with Marco Crivellari on 0208 752 6123, or e-mail him at marco.crivellari@bbc.co.uk

He’s a good bloke and I’m sure that if you’re not sure on something he’ll be more than happy to clarify anything.

We’ll keep you posted on any info to do with the documentary.
Thanks all :D

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Making a documentary for people who eat microwave TV dinners, about people who have ostensibly rejected the notion of such a meal, but who presumably fancy a bit of celebrity, is such a glorious example of the paradox and idiocy of reality TV, this made me laugh a great deal :D What a very strange society we live in!

Chris

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I strongly suggest e-mailing the chap if you wish to lean more of what is being considred.

Here though a little more info that I hope Marco won't mind me conveying as sent today:

"The film we're developing is about people's anxieties with consumer culture/ western industrialised living, global warming etc.

I think the majority of people now have concerns about modern living, whether their concerns revolve around climate change, the terrorist threat, or just the general decline in morals/ values. I think this should be a very timely film - addressing people's real concerns.

However, not everyone has actually done something about their concerns. We don't just want to interview people talking about their worries - we would like to film with people who have reacted to these concerns proactively, and have changed their lifestyle as a result.

At the moment I'm researching the idea, so would like to talk to as many people as possible who fit into this proactive camp. It would be good to talk a little about what changes people have made to their lifestyles, and look into any possible filming ideas. Eventually, what I'd be looking for is someone who would be happy to film for something like 5 days or so (spread out according to their convenience)."

Cheers

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think that the bit "if you know anyone" covers it. There's also people that help out groups and individuals who try to live a consumer free life.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
If you have rejected consumer culture, you wouldn’t be online to reply via email or see the add in a paper/ window etc
But you will have friends that let you know, libraries (or friends) have internet connections you can use for free to reply to them. Just because you are not involved in the consumer society doesn't mean you have no contact with anyone else in the world at all.

Ed

H

Heathenpeddler

I've passed this on to some friends of mine who are starting a permaculture farm. They have contacted the bloke and had a good response.

P

Psy23

oh great... lets hijack the bushcraft community and use it as a vehicle to push some global warming propaganda. I hate the BBC.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Better yet, lets learn to read a date on a previous post

If you want to dig up anything even earlier as an excuse for a whinge, give Toddy a shout - she's an archaeologist

Red

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I know some people but I respect them too much to pass this on.

I havent rejected consumer culture, just never been able to afford it myself

(Of course they dont want `that` csort of person, do they?)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just read this one :lmao:

BR you have a way with words :D

Psy23, if the topic interests you then maybe start a fresh thread in Other Chatter ?
Usual caveat, just keep politics out of it please :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE