Battle of Methven 3rd of June

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monarch

Hi there anyone interested in doing a bit of trading at the Battle of Methven near Perth?.
There will be a re-enactment on during the day, along with other stuff. We are looking for anyone who trades in anything and if you want to show off your skills you can do that as well.
The trading is free, but if you do well? they do ask if you can make a donation as they are fund raising.
Have a look at www.methvenonline.co.uk

Any on interested contact me direct.
Iandeveney@caleystream.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you.
Ian
:swordfigh

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Looks very interesting and just up the road from me. My three sons are at the stage of being interested in medievel battles/swords/bows etc. So may well turn up as a spectator.

My eldest, Ross, is doing Robert the Bruce at primary school so he'll be very interested.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a Medieval fair in Perth this summer too Doc,
I'm working at both Perth and Methven this year, it'll be good to see familiar faces :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Eric_Methven said:
Doc, if I make it there, I'll be selling oak wooden practice swords and I'll have some kiddie sizes with me. They can have a go if they like.

Eric

Very tempting. Andrew did a bit of fencing at Centre Parcs (using foam swords) and thought it was great.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Toddy said:
There's a Medieval fair in Perth this summer too Doc,
I'm working at both Perth and Methven this year, it'll be good to see familiar faces :D

Cheers,
Toddy
Do you have a date for the fair, Mary?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Perth is 10th and 1th June. The Crannog is running some sort of demonstration throughout the weekend and I've been asked to be part of it :D
http://www.perthshire.co.uk/index.asp?tm=49

Bannockburn seems to be cancelled this year, Monarch was the Scottish link with Leeds Armoury but the National Trust got the whole thing too badly out of synch.....they wanted the re-enactment the same weekend as there's the long standing SNP march to the monument to Robert the Bruce. The SNP march is a come a' ye, but the re-enactment is supposed to be a fundraiser..... just too many issues :(

Lanark medieval fair is on the 19th & 20th August
http://www.lanarkmedievalfestival.co.uk/
They're looking for traders then too Eric, and since you demonstrate it'd be a free pitch for the weekend.

There's a whole wheen of things on over the summer, this link has quite a few of them:
http://www.visitscotland.com/sitewide/augevents

Cheers,
Toddy

Monarch

Hi everyone the battle has been suggested as an anniversary it will be a week away from its 700th Birthday. Robert the Bruce will be crowned to start the day off, the local community are doing it as a fund raiser so all are welcome, a full program set out for the whole day so bring a packed lunch :)
Looking forward to seeing you all there say hi to me I will be playing Edward Bruce (big blue lion on my chest).
I will post the program when its been confirmed.

Monarch

Hi there just to confirm that Bannockburn has been cancelled and will not be on at all this year. All of the re-enactments that were to be held by the Royal Armouries in Scotland will not be going ahead this year.

If you would like to go to Methven please get in touch with me as soon as possible to book your pitch. All traders are welcome
All the best and hope to see you all there.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Well, that was a brilliant day out.

My boys particularly enjoyed being knighted by Robert the Bruce himself. They were given a scroll to commemorate the occasion, which mentioned that knights are expected to go to bed when told, and keep their room tidy. :)

Good to see Eric and Mary, and from a distance, Monarch.

Despite being reasonably interested in history, I had not been aware of the Battle of Methven until this thread.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It was a good day :)
Eric and grandson were having a ball and looking forward to a ceilidh when I left... 9 year old grandson had been invited to go by a 10 year old girl! :rolleyes: , brave lad, he said Yes :D
Monarch was shattered, all that running around in padding and armour in a stunningly beautiful sunny day was exhausting, but he had the biggest smile on his face. Well, even for him it's not every day you get to play knights in shining armour ;)
I'm talked out & aching, but had a great day, met so many friends and loads of new ones too.
Next ones are Largs and Lanark.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE