Basket weaving - star of david style? ((Toddy))

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm sure I have seen these baskets being made at some point but for the life of me I can't remember where, probably on a RM programme.

Anyway, they are an open weave with a star of David type pattern and for the life of me I can find any tutorials or youtube vids on how to make one. I was hoping that someone one here (Toddy? :)) could hook me up with a link to a vid or tutorial page or something please :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, now. I know Lisa Bech makes them, and I've watched her do it :notworthy: I'll have a look around some of my basketmaking friends websites.

cheers,
M

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Wow, those baskets are beautiful, I would love to learn to make those.
They aren't the sort I'm on about though... I'll see if I can find a pic :)

Those woven architectural pieces are fantastic, we should definitely make some, perhaps at the moot this coming year? :)

--
Edit: Found one similar

122_1.jpg

Kinda like that but I haven't a clue on how to start or finish it :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh beautiful :D
That's from cane work stuff I think. If you can find a site with instructions on repairing cane seating then the weave design basics are the same.

I am sooo tempted to order in bolts of willow to have to play with at the Moot next year. The wild stuff is fun, but there are too many of us on one small site to do much with it.

cheers,
M

OFF TOPIC, kind of.....

Page three of the gallery, Jon Warnes makes these beautiful willow 'architectural' features..........I'd love to see a woodland with bits like this woven into it. A camping ground maybe ?
Bottom row, 2nd from the right.

http://www.scottishbasketmakerscircle.org/gallery.html

atb,
M

Hey that's nice, I used to do something similar when I worked with Ben Geyer who owned and ran "the willowworks" in Fife (he did some great stuff by the way and taught me loads). Really easy to make and the sculptures are "live" but you do need to make sure the site is damp enough for the willow to take!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE