Basic kit for a 1 night stay?

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
Rochester, Kent
Not much to work on :rolleyes: . What will you be using e.g tent or hammock and tarp.
Does the area allow campfires. If not a small stove.
Knife or sak
Sleeping bag (good one as it is a bit chilly)
Warm clothes and a poncho in case of rain
As for main kit this is all i have gone out with on a one nighter before.
Means of lighting fire
lighter
fire steel ect

Basic ration pack or just some tinned food.

Give us some of the kit you have and conditions you expect to arise and maybe we can help you more.

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Kit i had in mind:
Tarp
Goretex Bivvy bag
4 Season SAS Sleeping Bag
Foam Matt
Knife
Gaitors
Boots
Socks
Thermals
Waterproof Trousers
Trousers
Wool jumper
Gloves & Hat
Goretex Jacket
Trangia
Survival tin [standard] just in case.
Food
Fire Steel

I will be having a fire!!!
It'll no doubt be raining but might snow too

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
It's not that much really - most of it is clothing, presumably worn. Seems like a pretty standard kit - although I'd probably add a trowel and some bog roll. ;)

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
I'll be wearing all these anyway!

Gaitors
Boots
Socks
Thermals
Waterproof Trousers
Trousers
Wool jumper
Gloves & Hat
Goretex Jacket

I'll be walking about 4 mile into the woodland from the bus stop just to make sure i aint near anyone.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
You're going to walk 4 Miles wearing Thermals, Wool Jumper and a Goretex Jacket?

I dunno about you but I get quite warm when I'm walking, so strip back to basics - then put the warm stuff on when I'm not moving around.

You'll probably end up carrying the Wool jumper and the jacket, unless you want it all to get damp.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Looks about right to me. As does your weather predictions. Looks like you're going to get sleet, snow & rain.

I'd try to find something to help insulate under the mat. You might also want to think about something to shovel the snow away.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
PJMCBear said:
Looks about right to me. As does your weather predictions. Looks like you're going to get sleet, snow & rain.

I'd try to find something to help insulate under the mat. You might also want to think about something to shovel the snow away.
I am sure I can get over shovel thing

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
As it will be dark for quite a lot of the time I would add a book or MP3 player. Probably a book for me so that I could also listen to the sounds of the wood. :) Don't see a torch on the list!

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Stickie said:
Did the same thing last weekend - found a new hole in my Thermarest. My only suggestions are take a First Aid Kit, and a mobile phone if you have one and there's a signal. The latter will probably do more to save your life in an emergency than a survival tin.
sorry your rite first aid kit is a must and my phone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE