Base for DIY Swag!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
They're great bits of kit... very comfortable and cosy. I've slept on one in -10degC and wasn't at all cold :)

Having said that I've sold my one as I bought an exped synmat because I wanted something a tad smaller to pack away because they're pretty mahoosive:lmao:

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Gill - I'll let u know when it arrives :D I haven't bought this in mind of lugging it about - It's gonna stay in the back of my pick up for quick comfy overnights (when I'm packin its got to be my exped downmat :D

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hiya all

Just spotted this, and bought one so I can leave it in the back of my pick-up!! But I would imagine that with a bit of canvass it would make a great "swag" !!! Bargain price I thought !!! (As usual no affiliation to the seller or fleabay)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300702063292?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:D

i was looking at these on another website just the other day, i was thinking a couple of them might be ideal for me and her in the tent. they look huge to pack away, anyone got any idea how much they weigh?

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
aye i ave been eyeing them up for a whilst you can also get them with the czech army bedroll as a package from military mart but since i have made my own bedroll ill just get the mattress. Ive been sleeping on the self inflating ones for years but to be honest i always seem to get an unfindable puncture on them (or the valve may be dodgy) and end up flat on the floor cold so i guess one of these makes sense for slinging in the car

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i've bought one hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. i'm knocking up a bedroll so weight/size isn't that important as long as i can lift it lol

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Hiya Guys,
Mine arrived this morning (bit slow - but it was bank holiday!!) Great bit of kit, a few water stains on the base. But overall great condition with no tears/rips or any sign of repair. Ideal for chucking in the back of my pick-up - not lightweight as expected. For the money you can't beat it :D

thephilbert

Apr 20, 2012
Scotland
Yes please tell us how you get on.
i wont be using mine till we go fishing in 2 weeks time .
still got time to order some extra blankets if i need them!

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Ordered one on the 7th and still have not received it yet, hopefully soon!
I look forward to other peoples reviews of this item once tested!
Keep us posted!

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi Guys. Well I spent the night out in my garden sleeping on the mattress. Its a well made, heavy mattress with a waterproof base. Very similar to the base of the Pat 58 sleeping bag. It isnt what I would call soft but it is firm and comfortable. It also offers good insulation from the ground which is its main advantage. (and what I got it for). I had a warm, comfortable nights sleep which I can say was down to the mattress doing what it does well. Its not a hikers option, but for car camping and the like its a solid piece of kit that should last for years. I hope this helps. Oh for info I used the Czec Army Bivy/Roll also available from Mil Mart which worked well with it.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
glad it worked for you!
Can't wait to try mine out!.
I miss my Fauton which i used to get the best night's sleep on, and this mat feels quite the same, so fingers crossed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE