Is this a good buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
If they're saying 50L then it should be an LK50, bigger brother of the LK35 little brother to the LK70; if it's a 50 the inside of the top lid will have Haglofs as well as the three crowns, which you could always check with the seller ~ Haglofs made the 50 and 70 versions. A good and solid pack which, for some reason, has no hip belt :dunno: . Because of the lack of ability to shift the weight to the hips the weight's all on the shoulders ~ and when fully laden can become very uncomfortable very quickly! IIRC ALICE LC2 belt and straps* are a common mod and are pretty much straight swaps ;)

The pack is bombproof, if heavy ;) . The older versions of the LK's are 'proper' canvas, the newer are more 'polycotton canvas', Endicott's basically proved that a top notch newer version is basically waterproof (they filled one with water ;) ~ iirc they were happier to call it 45L ~ the 50 comes from the shape of the lid, angling the lid increases the capacity.

* Oh yeah, the pack's straps have no real padding, I've not found an issue with this unless I've had to carry kit for a long weekend plus an excess (10 - 15L) of water.

Not a bad price at all ~ providing is as good condition as the pics suggest.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I have the LK50 version the newer style. I think its a great pack for the price, very well made and very robust. I use it mainly for day walks with my daughters as I carry all their gear for them plus mine. I have not weighed how much I carry in it yet, just ordered a set of pack scales. But its comfy enough for me. A big plus for me is the external frame as I can only use external frame packs now due to a medical problem. The only thing that took a bit of getting used to for me is not having external pockets.

I have also used this ebay seller before for some swedish army winter trousers and found him to be a good seller.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Thanks all for the advice. 50 ltrs is a bit on the big side anyway so will have a look at the LK35 and see from there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE