Vango cook set heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That is a good spot! They have a good offer on at the moment - Vango Force Ten MkIII CN, new, for £180.00 delivered.......................Very tempted!

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Just to let you know as I had a set like that. They are good enough quality and actually very light. But too thin in my opinion, dent very easy and scorch everything on a butane stove....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a bargain, if you're careful with them. I found food stuck because they are so thin. The copper isn't really thick enough to spread the heat properly. Cook low and slow and they're fine. I use them for veggies, rice and pasta that I 'just' keep on a simmer and they're okay.

cheers,
Toddy

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The pans are good for bread...

LocalBread.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It's a bargain, if you're careful with them. I found food stuck because they are so thin. The copper isn't really thick enough to spread the heat properly. Cook low and slow and they're fine. I use them for veggies, rice and pasta that I 'just' keep on a simmer and they're okay.

cheers,
Toddy

Indeed your right Mary. Got to be better than Titanium lol

A problem with many gas stoves is the small flame spread so you need to use your cooking skills.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's a nice, lightweight, easily packed set, Richard; and that certainly is a bargain for two of them :D

Ian's breads look superb :D

Aluminium cooking pots are a mess to clean, and they shouldn't really be; I cooked in aluminium pots in the house for years and I didn't get my cloths and suchlike a mess from them.
I do like my little non stick frying pan for camping though; ideal for stir fries :D as well as baking scones and oatcakes and bannocks.

If they would make that lightweight set, but instead of a layer of copper on the base, incorporate a sandwich layer of aluminium, it would make a truly excellent cooking set. I suppose it all comes down to price though.

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE