Barn owl pellets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
About four weeks ago we had a couple of barn owls that took over our small barn were we keep the horses food. And they leave the best presents ever.

And yes, that is my dads TShirt But he’d moan if I put them directly on my bed.

Reactions: Wayland and Toddy

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
There's a 5th grade Owl Unit in the elementary school curriculum here. One popular exercise is owl pellet dissections. The pellets are wrapped in foil and autoclaved sterile.
Review the major bones of a mouse skeleton and let the kids go to it.
Average? 4-5 mouse skulls per pellet.

I enjoyed assisting the classes that my little kids were in to do this.

Reactions: Toddy

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I left a handful of barn owl pellets on the shelf in my office and forgot about them. I only remembered when there was a bit of an outbreak of case bearing moths in the house and I tracked it down to the pellets which were pretty much heaving with larvae at that point. I've put them inside an escape proof bug box and hopefully the caterpillars are going to clean the bones off for me. :angelic2:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
When she was about 7, she put some she had‘nt attacked yet into a glass so they wouldn’t crumble or get wet and put it at the back of a cupboard. Two years later we found it. Wooly bears had demolished them and done all the work. An insane amount of clothes were lost due to holes for a few years. To this day we still have a problem with them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE