Barley Twist handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
As asked for,
All i used was a pencil, file, wire brush. I started by putting the lines on the handle with the pencil and then slowly filing in the lines.

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

Cheers
Topknot

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Looks good. Is that a rat-tailed file (round) or a triangular file? Does it work well in raw seasoned wood, or do you recommend stabilised wood pieces?

Cheers, Bob.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Looks good. Is that a rat-tailed file (round) or a triangular file? Does it work well in raw seasoned wood, or do you recommend stabilised wood pieces?

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob, yes a small rat-tailed file. I started off using the front of the file to file all the lines in. Then followed through with the rest of the file to make bigger. I think the wood is raw seasoned .

Cheers
Andy

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Bob, yes a small rat-tailed file. I started off using the front of the file to file all the lines in. Then followed through with the rest of the file to make bigger. I think the wood is raw seasoned .

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy, ok all good to know. I will give it a try for my next blade handling job. I like the effect and it would look good on even a plain key piece of wood I think, something like a nice piece of holly.

Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers, Bob

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Andy, ok all good to know. I will give it a try for my next blade handling job. I like the effect and it would look good on even a plain key piece of wood I think, something like a nice piece of holly.

Keep up the good work! :)

Cheers, Bob

Thank you Bob, Should look good on a bit of holly

Cheers Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE