Bargain tent at Tesco

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
FOr the money you can't go wrong with that, I'd not trust it in a storm but for something to throw up it's got to be a thumbs up :D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
You know all those times we moan bout the crap tents being left in the woods...........

B&Q do a tarp for a similar price that won't fall apart in two days.

I'll vote with my feet and sleep under the rustle of the B&Q tarp for a fiver.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I bought a lidl version 18 months ago. Single skin and dodgly positioned door just like the tescos budget £7.95. I bought it so the kids could learn to put up a tent, i wouldn't be worried about them wrecking it. The tent is still going strong, the children can erect it in minutes, once treated with fabsil it is now waterproof, and if put up correctly withstands wind very well.

All in all it was a very good buy for the amount of use we have had out of it. It generally is used in combination with hammocks and tarps, when we camp as a family. The dodgy door sits under a tarp, as it lets the rain in when opened due to the position of it. It is used for kit, playing cards when it rains and sleeping in if something happens to a hammock. I wouldn't trust it going up snowdon, but for sheltered spots it fine.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
I bet next year year well be finding these still pitched up in the woods at that price,what self respecting chav would get wet hands packin up a £5 tent.He,ll leave it with his empty cans and huge crappy fireplace.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
I bet next year year well be finding these still pitched up in the woods at that price,what self respecting chav would get wet hands packin up a £5 tent.He,ll leave it with his empty cans and huge crappy fireplace.

Reminds me of some music festivals I attended, people came with cheap tents, chairs etc and just trashed & burned everything the day they left :-/ Me and my mates wouldn't have minded to take their tents with us if they didn't want it any more... Strange world we live in!

More on topic: one of those small cheap tents can be really nice for very basic camping, especially for the kids! I always enjoyed camping in a mates garden when I was a kid, didn't need no Hilleberg for that ;) And a friend of mine even brings a small, cheap tent more or less like that one when we go out for a night in the woods, puts it more or less under my tarp & hammock and works just fine... (luckily haven't had any real rain when he brought that tent though)

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
Reminds me of some music festivals I attended, people came with cheap tents, chairs etc and just trashed & burned everything the day they left :-/ Me and my mates wouldn't have minded to take their tents with us if they didn't want it any more... Strange world we live in!

More on topic: one of those small cheap tents can be really nice for very basic camping, especially for the kids! I always enjoyed camping in a mates garden when I was a kid, didn't need no Hilleberg for that ;) And a friend of mine even brings a small, cheap tent more or less like that one when we go out for a night in the woods, puts it more or less under my tarp & hammock and works just fine... (luckily haven't had any real rain when he brought that tent though)

Why didnt he just buy a tarp?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Wouldnt it be cheaper to scrounge one off Freecycle?

or a car boot? You might even get a decent one for the money.

(Says she who got two tents for £1 on Ebay...local collection....I have too many tents)

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Cheapest would be wombling one from the campsite of an idiot that abandoned one in a wood. I found one in a local country park about 2 years ago, I folded it away, but it stank like the previous occupants had urinated on it and a dog fox had tried to mask on top.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE