Bargain boil-in-bag currys at Tesco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
Our local Tesco have some really cheap veggie curry ready meals at the moment (usually found in an ethnic food section). They are in boil-in-the-bag foil pouches and don't need any refrigeration.

There are rice dishes and various veggie currys priced at around 60p each for 300g. One rice and one curry makes a decent sized meal for one person but sharing a selection is even better. Pretty good quality too. Different branches have different brands but they are all pretty cheap and taste good.

Would probably make a good base for the meat-eaters to chuck other stuff in.

Some of the flavours come out a bit too wet if cooked in the bag but otherwise I can't fault them at that price. Not restaurant quality but I would be pretty happy if someone handed me a plate of the stuff half way up a mountain.

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
forgot to mention, the two brands I have tried are "Ashoka" and "Shana" - both good but prefer the Shana ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE