Bargain archery kit on BB

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
I would recommend you try approaching an archery club if there is one anywhere near you; you will have access to experienced archers, good advice and equipment. Most clubs will let potential new members turn up a few times for little or no fee. You will probably have access to try (under supervision ) club equipment. There is a lot of variation in the specification and types of bows and arrows available. You would be very lucky if the kit you have seen will be either suitable for you and/or if you’d actually still want to be using it in a few months time if you did take it up.
Do have a go of this ancient skill, but do it properly. Best of luck.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I was a member of an archery club for nearly two years so know what i'm doing. The draw length and everything is ideal and i've used identical bows to this before. I'd ideally like a longbow but at this price it's a lot of kit for the money. :)

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Good to see that info. If you like longbows have you considered an American Flat Bow?
I am advised they may be more durable than a traditional longbow and they do shoot sweetly. I'm certainly interested in one.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I'd love an american flatbow but the cost is a bit of an issue. Don't suppose you know any good suppliers in the UK? :)

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
As an example 'Quicks' archery (www.quicksarchery.co.uk or 02392 254114) are selling a 'New Woodsman' flat bow for £85 and a Samick 'Cobra' flat bow for £99. Add another £25 for 6 ready made wooden arrows or £28 for 12 in DIY form and you'd be away.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I've seriously thought about it but am concentrating on leatherwork and knife making at the the moment. Pics will be posted when I'm more confident with my items :rolleyes:

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Jumping in on the thread, I've a 15yo (used for about the first year only) Hoyt short limbed compound bow in the loft complete with all paraphernalia (arrows, quiver, fletching tool, sight, stabilisers, etc, etc) which I should really sell.

Scotishwolf/ anyone else; if you're interested PM me.

Chris

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'd love an american flatbow but the cost is a bit of an issue. Don't suppose you know any good suppliers in the UK? :)

It just so happens that I've managed to get a lovely new longbow, so I'm up for selling my American flat bow. It is oak, backed with snake skin and comes with a matching snake skin quiver. I'm coming up to the Loch Tay meet and can bring it up if you are going to be there. I wasn't going to flog it, but will if it interests you. You can try before you buy as well of course. If you don't like the feel of it, no probs.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE