Barbour Backhouse Stockman 3/4 coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Barbour backhouse three quarter stockman coat, used but good condition. Heavy duty waxed cotton, cotton lining, size medium but pit to pit 24 inches and length 42 inches so generously sized. This is totally bombproof and waterproof, waxed just under two years ago, but not used often enough to keep. Looking for £45 posted.

backhouse004.jpg

backhouse002.jpg

backhouse001.jpg

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Having just read another thread on waxed cotton garments from the antipodes, could I ask you to comment on the aroma of this one? ;)

Z

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Having just read another thread on waxed cotton garments from the antipodes, could I ask you to comment on the aroma of this one? ;)

Z

A certain aroma rises after a spot of hard walking, not unpleasant though. Clothes peg not included. :eek:

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
My new Backhouse 3/4 Stockman arrived today, just in time to protect me from the deluge falling on Birmingham at the moment. The aroma (freshly snuffed candle with a hint of badgers a**e) is within acceptable tolerances. I can now work on deepening and maturing the smell until it can clear a railway carriage! ;)

Thanks Treadlightly!

Z

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Glad to hear it is being put to good use, now you need to find some proofing wax with added essence of badger's a**e :)

ScoobySnacks

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2012
Berkshire
I believe approved practice is between one and ten years thrown on the floor of the kitchen as a dog bed. Length of time is dictated by the age, malodorousness and incontinence of the dog.

In the absence of an aging canine, six months buried under the nearest dung heap is acceptable as long as you then lay it on the drive and repeatedly drive over it with a JCB.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I believe approved practice is between one and ten years thrown on the floor of the kitchen as a dog bed. Length of time is dictated by the age, malodorousness and incontinence of the dog.

In the absence of an aging canine, six months buried under the nearest dung heap is acceptable as long as you then lay it on the drive and repeatedly drive over it with a JCB.

Good advice! I think I will just wrap some roadkill in it and bury it in the compost heap.

This coat has proved seriously awesome over the last couple of days. You can really tell it has been designed for purpose when you're standing out in the rain in it.

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE