Bahco saw not locking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

I received my Bahco Laplander this morning, and upon first opening & closing, it's locking in the closed position fine, but the first few times I opened it, it wouldn't lock - is this common and will it settle & lock after working out the stiffness?

Just asking as I'd rather send it back than have an unreliable locking saw!

Cheers,

~WWC~

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It should almost 'snick' as it locks, and none of mine are stiff.

Ehm, without seeing it I'm reluctant to say send it back, but....who did you buy it from ? and could you maybe phone them and check that they'd be okay with you giving it a squirt with WD40 and seeing how it goes then, and if it's still not right, sending it back ?

It can sometimes just need a full clear press on the button to let the blade move in or out.

cheers,
M

p.s. I don't know this company, I was just looking for an illustration, but have a look at the replacement blade at the handle end. Sometimes seeing the detail helps understand why something's not doing as it should.
http://tooltray.com/Pruning-Saws---...nt-Blade.htm?gclid=COD6xvKT57wCFdShtAodLzoAhw

Nup, am gonna have to arrange to send it back...will be contacting the company tomorrow probably, it was Lighting and Mobile Accessories Store through Amazon - am not happy that it doesn't 'snick' & lock - and although it takes a moderate amount of force to fold, it doesn't lock at all and is still very stiff.

Thanks for your advice M, I'm not sure if it's genuine or just a rogue saw that found its' way through QA...either way it's a locking blade for a reason, and if I'm not convinced it's safe, I'd rather be safe than sorry! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE